Monday, November 10, 2008

Snow Canyon Half Marathon

Evaluation of Snow Canyon Half Marathon:

THE BADS:

More killer hills than I was expecting. 
(Don't ever believe it when they tell you a race is mostly downhill.)

Which meant missing my goal by 2 minutes. Grrr. Better luck next time.

Being away from Mike the whole weekend.


THE GOODS:
 
Although I missed my goal by 2 minutes, I still got my fastest half marathon time yet. I know it's still not fast compared to others, but I'm proud of myself for improving my time. 

Driving to Zion after the race and seeing the beautiful fall foliage.

Running through Snow Canyon, which brought back many memories of camping there when I was little with all of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.

Hearing my dad call my name and cheer me on with a tenth of a mile to go!  

Getting this sweet action SWEAT BAND! You know I'm totally going to wear it running.
Having my dear friend Jessica cheer me on at the finish line. 
Thanks Jess for coming. It was so fun to see you.
Being able to watch my mom finish another half marathon. 
Have I told you how amazing she is? 
Well she is. 
All in all it was a great weekend and a fantastic race.  

13 comments:

Sarah M said...

Um, you're TOTALLY still wearing the HAW sweatshirt. LOVE IT! Congrats on the half marathon. I am so impressed with you. And not just because you run far and fast. I just think you are an awesome person. Really. I have been thinking that a lot lately. You've been on my mind often and I think, "That Laura, she is something else. I love her". I'm serious.

katherine said...

i would like to add a "bad" to the list if i may . . .

"the wallins weren't able to come to cheer us on" - laura

i know, i am sorry we were not there, but i am in spirit and one of your biggest fans! really.

good job on all that you accomplish sis, you are inspiring! love you.

Bobbi said...

Yea Laura and Yea Kris! I wish we had been down there with you it sounds like great fun! 'Specially the fall colors in Zion. I totally agree.... your mom is amazing and so are you!

Katie M. said...

fun fun fun! I'm glad you posted the goods and bads because I've been interested in doing this one.
and, ps, is that really the HAW sweatshirt you are sporting? I am impressed you've held onto it. Then again, I still have the bra and powder puff shirts.

Way to go though with running the half! Seriously. I can't imagine running that far right now. What an accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Mike and I just signed up for the st. george half marathon on jan. 17. You need to email me at thebartonfamily@gmail.com to see if we can hook up there.

Amber said...

congratulations! What a rock star you are!

Sara said...

You are INCREDIBLE! And oh so inspiring! One day I will join you... one day...

Jen Vincent said...

You rock for still running...I miss it but I don't at the same time. :) I hope to get back into it, probably in the spring I will. I'm not even sure if it's okay to take the winter off...oh, well. We had the rollerskating party this last weekend! We missed you guys! I was remembering that that is when you told me about blogging and when I started my blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words! It was a great weekend!

Nick Scott Family said...

Okay I'm STILL a slacker!!! When are you going to start emailing every morning and telling me to get out of bed and get to the gym so I can run a half with you!!!!

Lacey said...

you are totally amazing! i wish i were like you! your mom is also amazing and such an inspiration! i need to get my butt in gear!

Patti & Dave Wynn Family said...

I wish you would let us know when you are coming down. We would have loved to have come and cheered you on. I have a couple of friends here in Cedar that ran this. One of my friends wanted more uphill because she has bad knees. Kris, you are amazing. You are 10 years older than I am and you "kick my butt". Keep it up!

Bobbi said...

Laura, (this is Steve)-Lottery for Moab half marathon opens this week. Are you interested in registering as a group registration with Liesl and me? By the way, great job on the Snow Canyon half-you rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails