Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day for women

Happy Mother's Day to ALL the women in the world. Like I said last year, I believe all women in this world is a mother one way or another.

I'm especially grateful this day to be a mother. I had no idea how hard yet wonderful being a mom would be. As I mentioned in a post earlier this week, I have no doubt Charlotte came to this earth to teach me a thing or too. Even though she is just 16 months old, I'm learning a lot from her.

Since having her in my life, I've learned to get on the floor and play, visit the park more, put curlers in your hair to make your child laugh. I've learned how to eat dinner with one hand while the other hands feeds a baby. I've learned that when it's quiet, someone is into something. I've learned what not to keep in certain cupboards or places because it's easy access. I'm learning patience, humility, sacrifice, and unconditional love. I'm learning that family is the most important thing in this life. I'm learning just how much I really need Mike and how much I depend on him. I'm learning I would do anything for this little girl. I'm learning that Charlotte is loved not just by her family on this earth but also by a Heavenly Father in heaven. I'm learning that I need the help of my Savior EVERY DAY for guidance and help to raise this child. I'm learning I'm completely blessed to have her in my life.
At the time Mike told this photo I was mad. I had just gotten back from a run, I was sweaty and nasty. I told him not to ever show these photos to anyone. But now I'm so glad I have this picture. Few are the pictures I have of Charlotte and I actually playing. I'm so glad I'll have this to show Charlotte when she's older I loved to play with her even if that meant having my hair pulled a bit.
I hope all of you women have a wonderful Mother's day!
Take a minute and watch the video below. Grab some tissue while you're at it. It's a good one!

9 comments:

Sarah M said...

oh, loved this post! loved what you wrote, so true and so heartwarming. i may or may not have teared up a little bit. so glad i got to see you, even if it was far too short and i was too short of breathe to be much of a conversationalist.
i think your top notch. true story.

lauren ann said...

Love this post.. You are definitely a wonderful mother and Charlotte is lucky one lucky little girl

Bobbi said...

I hope you had a sweet, sweet day yesterday! We missed your cuteness at Grandma's but I bet Grandma Rayda was a happy camper to have all her sweet little girls to celebrate the day with. Love you :)

Lacey said...

Laura first of all thank your for your post! you are an amazing woman, and i am SOOO lucky to have you as a friend. That video was just what i needed to see today. Thank you and love you!

The Speres said...

What great thoughts, Laura! Charlotte is so lucky to have you as her mother.
And thanks for your thoughtful comments on our blog! Please come by anytime. As long as you're not offended by me being in my PJs, we'd be glad to have you visit! :)

{littlefam} said...

loved this post - you said everything so well. being a mother is a whirlwind of emotion and experiences! that picture of you and your baby girl scrunching your noses at eachother will always be one of my favorites!

Katie M. said...

you really nailed it all on the head. I love the pictures- really really really darling and captures so many life moments perfectly! Hope your Mothers Day was kick bum like you.

love ya

Katie M. said...

Laura I love this post. So honest and so true.

Lauren said...

what a great video and wonderful post! isn't it amazing what these little human beings can teach us? I thought we adults were the teachers! ;)
love you friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails