"God does not give us overcoming life, he gives us life as we overcome. The strain is the strength. If there is no strain, there is no strength. Are you asking God to give you liberty and joy? He cannot, unless you accept the strain. Immediately you face the strain, you will get the strength."
Oswald Chambers
Don't you love it? So perfect. So true.
I read this on my girl's Kristin Armstrong's blog. You know how I feel about her writing. I simply love her, her perspective, her honesty, her humor, her way of saying exactly how I feel at times. If you would like to read her whole blog post, go HERE. Go ahead, read it. It's so worth your time.
I'll be back with a real update soon!
6 comments:
I am totally stealing this from you and making it into one of my door posters for our fam!!!! Love, love, love it. We have been talking a lot lately about how we choose the response we have to lives pains and how our response dictates whether those pains build us or breaks us. "Victor or victim?" That's been our motto lately. You'll probably be seeing this awesome quote of yours on my blog soon too, I know the perfect picture to go with it!
I love you, you are such a good example for my girls. I hope they grow up to be just like you :)
oops... meant "lifes pains" not "lives pains".
such a good quote. i ahd so much fun with you today, as always! lets do it again!
love love love it Laura! the agree, the strain does make us stronger...definitely....
thanks for sharing this...i really needed this!
Beautiful. I'm always asking for the wrong things. I read that quote several times and it's so true. Thanks for sharing missy.
Post a Comment