Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Charlottisms


Few more things about my Charlotte I have to document so I don't forget.

1. Lately she's been saying, "Momma heavy," when physically trying to get me to move somewhere. Thanks Charlotte. :)

2. I probably hear more than 50 times a day, "I don't wanna to," this phrase comes out in like one long word. It's pretty funny however when I'm trying to change her diaper if she would just let me change her diaper, I could change it faster than her saying, " I don't wanna to!"

3. I've started talking to Charlotte about moving to Cincinnati. I know she has no idea what is happening but I guess I'm hoping that by talking about it a lot it will make the shock of not seeing her grandparents so often a little less. So a number of times during the day Charlotte says, "Momma, Choo (meaning Charlotte/you) and dadda move Cincinnati. Together." I'm at least glad she realizes we are in this big adventure TOGETHER.

4. If she is enjoying an activity she jumps up and down and says, "Yay! Fun!"

5. If we would let her Charlotte would have every toy in bed with her when she takes a nap or goes to bed. But atlas, we allow her baby to be in her crib with her and that's it. So in an effort to make the transition from playing with toys to sleep time we've taught to Charlotte to kiss her toys and tell them night night. Works well surprisingly. So the other day we had been playing and it was time to take a nap and without being prompted at all, Charlotte picked up her plastic white chair for her baby, gave it a kiss and told her high chair, "night, night." Most of the time the kisses are reserved for stuffed animals and babies but this time her plastic high chair was lucky enough to get one. Funny girl.

6. Last one. We do time outs at our house. We don't use them often but in the appropriate situation we'll put Charlotte in a time out. Today after trying to change her diaper, and having her fighting me on it, hitting and kicking me, I sighed in frustration and threw my hands up in the air. Charlotte then got up and said, "Time out" and put herself in time out. I didn't fight her on that one, luckily after a minute in her chair she got down and let me change her diaper. Smart cookie.

Thanks for the indulgent. Can't get enough of this silly girl.

Ok just a couple more I had forgot to post earlier.

Charlotte loves to listen to music in the car. Her favorites are "Cuckoo, Cuckoo" (So Long, Farewell from Sound of Music) "Unshine" (You are my sunshine), "Try", (Jesus once was a little child), and "Do", (Do-Re-Mi, from the Sound of Music). Charlotte has also been known to sing Adele's, Rumor has It and Someone like you.

Something else Charlotte says ALL THE TIME, "My TURN!". This one is getting old fast but I have a feeling we'll be hearing this for a looooooooong time.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

she is so cute. halle used to put everything in her crib as well, books, babies, bunnies, so funny. gotta love these little tykes.

The Speres said...

I wish I could hear her little voice saying all these things. I try to imagine it, but it's just not the same. I love how she would ask for the baby swan when I was visiting a few weeks ago. She is just so cute. And those fashionista pics? Stop it!

Patti & Dave Wynn Family said...

You are going to be so happy you documented these things. I so wish my kids were little again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails