Monday, August 20, 2007

Let down

Ok I just finished reading this book by Stephenie Meyer. I totally followed the trend of reading these addictive vampire love stories, just like everyone else in Utah. (Which by the way, I had to buy the book when I was visiting in Chicago because it was sold out everywhere in Salt Lake. No joke) Eclipse is the third book out of the series. I'm sad to admit I was slightly disappointed when I finished. If anyone else had finished reading this book please share your thoughts and comments!!!! I'm dying to know what other people have thought. Also, if you are reading this post please let me know what current book you are reading. I'm always looking for something new to read. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lera! I hope you are still blogging! I unfortunately don't have a new book for you, I am finishing the first book as we speak. I've got my blog started- Finally! Let me know when you are home so we can squeeze in some last runs and talk about your trip!

Katie M. said...

My book of recommendation: "Everyone Poops". It's fast, taking about a minute of your time, and has great pictures.


Lunch was so super!! Thanks for coming along- i loved chatting with ya! Defin. keep in contact, ya?

Katie

Unknown said...

laura, you should join shelfari - have you heard of it?

"Shelfari is a free site that lets you share book ratings and reviews with friends and meet people who have similar tastes in books. It also lets you build an online bookshelf, join book clubs, and get good book recommendations from friends."

i just joined and it's super low key. if you're not down with the free sites, i think you should read "peace like a river" next . . . i can see you enjoying it!

katherine said...

i don't read books, i watch movies. sorry. but there are these movies called harry potter and something and they are awesome, have you heard of him? you should watch them sometime.

lauren ann said...

OK I think I am the only one in America that does not like the Vampire series. I thought I would considering I was at one point in to Harry Potter. I finshed Twighlight and I was angry... I think it was because everyone RAVED about it, and I thought it was ridiculous(no offense all you lovers out there). Anyway, on a more positive note- I just finished reading Pope Joan and now I am reading A Thousand Splendid Sun- I would recommend both.

lauren ann said...

PS I am out of town until Sat- When are you leaving? I would love to fit a run in before you go.

Amanda said...

Laura, I'm telling you vampires just don't deliver the goods. Although I'm curious to know why. We will have to talk about that. I agree with whoever said it that "Peace like a River" is great...although didn't you try that once? I LOVED the "Year of Magical Thinking" and I just am starting "These is My Words" since 5 people have recommended it to me...including yourself.

Lacey said...

oh lar i forgot to tell you . . . the day after you told me to read these vampire books russ and i went to barnes and noble to get something for russ. it was like 9:30 at night, we walked in and there were tons of people wearing black capes and dressed in funky outfits. they were playing games and doing all this weird stuff, there was a girl signing books, and i then i realized it was that book you were telling me about. i didn't get it, and now i don't know if i should, should i still read it even though you were disappointed?

Nan and Ryan said...

I am so out of the loop, I had no idea these were even popular. I am currently reading the Kite Runner..I know...I am a few years behind everyone, but none the less I am enjoying it.

The Pittson Family said...

hi laura! i was totally into the series also! even though i hate to be trendy. anyway, i almost didn't read eclipse because i thought i was going to be dissapointed. which... i was but then i wasn't. it seems like she is just dragging the story on. anyway. the part that bugged was the fact that she kept going back and forth from edward to jacob. i'm all for edward, even though he is a vamp.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails