Mike and I decided to spend Saturday in the beautiful town of Lake Geneva where WINTERFEST 2008 was being held. It was an excellent day full of snowy, icy, and cold activities. WE LOVED IT.
First was a very cold, icy and hilly 10k. Although the race was poorly organized, and the hills kicked my butt, this was by far one of my favorite races I've ever done. Mikey is a good husband to come and watch me race in the freezing cold
Lake Geneva was completely frozen. People were ice fishing, snowmobiling and even driving cars on the ice.
The highlight of the day was the Ice Sculpture competition. Teams from all over the country, including Alaska, New York, and Florida came to Lake Geneva to compete in the competition. Here are some pictures of the teams hard at work. The pictures don't do justice to the detail put into the sculptures.
14 comments:
N"ice" photos! That looks very fun... I'm proud of you for getting out to enjoy the mid-west!
Terry
From 'Fun in the Sun' to 'Winterfest 2008'! You two do it all! Sounds like fun and Laura, you are very dedicated to be running in the cold Illinois weather. No excuses for me to hit the treadmill in the warm basement :)
wow, those are incredible! and way to go on running in the very cold weather, yer amazing ler. ps, i love that picture of mikey's shoes, those are great shoes and i would want to show them off too.
oh ler, i know it is showing the ice, i am just really funny!!
you hot dog.
laura that looks like so much. i give you a medal of honor and achievement for running a 10k in the freezing cold. congratulations. you are mike are awesome. way to make the best of your time there/
Wow - that looks so cold! You are a champ for braving the cold and running the 10K - you are amazing!
You just made me realize that I need to stop complaining and start running. I thought it was too cold here to take the girls out to run, but now I know that I am a big baby. You are amazing and so are the ice sculptures.
hey cool
YOU RAN IN THAT!!!??? You are so crazy woman! Just looking at that picture makes my lungs hurt. You are so awesome. Maybe next year Mike could enter the competition and sculpt you out of ice :-)
You know you are a REAL runner when you can do hills in the snow!
You go, girl!
I hope you enjoy devil in the white city.. tara and i really enjoyed it.
we will have to get together forsure.. lake geneva looked like fun! awesome job on running the race!!!
what about game night?
laura, you guys are so fun! those snow/ice sculptures are amazing! and you are so great for doing that race in the bitter cold!
those are great pictures! you are amazing! i tagged you :)
You are amazing! I would love to be as dedicated to running as you are! You are my inspiration!!
Post a Comment