Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tired?


TIRED:  
1. needing rest
2. overused
3. mental or physical exhaustion
4. inability to respond to situation/stimulus 

SYNONYMS: weary, exhausted, fatigued, worn-out, 
drained, wiped out, sleepy, being a first year medical resident

After 4 months of working 80 hour weeks, Mike finally has a whole week off! YAY! Enjoy your week. You deserve it.  (The bad news...I have Parent Teacher Conferences this week, which means no time to hang out. Such a rip off!)

13 comments:

Amber said...

Is he seriously sleeping in your hall?! That's so sad, poor boy!

katherine said...

i love that he fell asleep in the hall, that is my favorite story! oh shmikey, we love you! have a good week! you too ler, hang in there, you will get through it!

Bobbi said...

I took one look at your pictures and knew exactly what your post was about. Poor boy. To bad you had PTC's although I doubt he would have been up to partying. How'd he get a whole week off? That's pretty amazing in itself.

Stephanie said...

Is that the same green shirt in the first two pics? Two naps in the same day or was he just too lazy to change his shirt? :) Mike has always been good at sleeping 80 hr work week or not...

lauren ann said...

That is rip off. Aren't you glad it's not you that has to do the medical school? No Thanks, but Im grateful for those that are willing

Jen Vincent said...

Poor guy. You guys do own a bed, right? :) I don't think I have ever been quite so tired as to fall asleep in the middle of the hallway...but it works. PTC's are so much work, especially when you have a big class.

I have a Twilight link for you, it's for a giveaway at a store in northern Utah...you have to be able to go to the store to pick it up if you win...not sure where it is in relation to you, but I'm sure it's way closer for you than for me!

http://www.makeandtakes.com/whos-got-twilight-fever

Are you going to the movie? Kathy and I are going to go to the midnight show! It's a perfect time to get out of the house since the hubbies and the kiddos will be sleeping! Who cares if I have to work and she has to take care of a 2 1/2 year old all day. One night with Edward is totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

That's so sad and so funny. How did he end up falling asleep in the hall/ kitchen? Was he crawling to bed- didn't make it or what?

Bobbi said...

I will tell him and we will see you at Thanksgiving.

Sarah M said...

love it. i do that sometimes but do have the medical school excuse. you've got an awesome man.

Anonymous said...

I loved these pictures of that cute Schmikes! I hope he is getting lots of sleep this week--he deserves it!

Sara said...

Oh my gosh!! I cannot imagine working 40 hours a week- let alone 80?! I sure hope he gets a lot of rest this week.
p.s. Lance and Katherine and all of your family are in our thoughts and prayers right now.

The Speres said...

There are reasons I did not follow in my father's (or grandfather's) footsteps and go to medical school. The top reason is that I don't function very well without an appropriate amount of sleep. The hundreds of other reasons all have to do with my hatred of hospitals...
Hope he gets plenty of rest and that you two can have a little time to hang out.

Allison said...

I am so glad you captured those moments. Poor Mike.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails