So, I've never liked winter. I don't like being cold, I hate driving in the snow, I hate that it lasts for what seems like forever, everything is dead...I could go on but I'll spare you the pessimism.
For some reason I've actually enjoyed winter this year. I think it's because after being in Chicago for three years, the temperatures out here feel like a heat wave.
It's been such a joy to go running with this friend, this friend or on my own without having chunks of ice stuck to my eyelashes, and 5 different layers on just to stay warm.
I've also loved seeing the mountains covered in snow.
I can't believe I forgot how beautiful they were.
And I've tried something new this year. I can't believe I didn't try this earlier.
Cross- Country Skiing.
Lame I know, because I grew up in Utah, where the greatest snow on earth is.
But now that I tried it. I think I'm hooked.

Mike and I braved the cold (once again nothing compared to Chicago) Saturday night and went cross-country skiing. We had a great time. I can't wait to go again.
10 comments:
Can't believe how much alike you and Lies' are. She just joined Weber's crosscountry ski team and she is totally in love. Says it's alot like running! No wonder you like it.
Where did you go cross-country skiing? We should hook up and go again somewhere!
oh i love cross country skiing so fun!
shout out to moi?? thank you! So fun running together. Cross country is fun, isn't it, but deserves a huge feast afterwards because it's so ardeous!
I haven't been cross country skiing since I was in high school I think. It was a actually a unit! Maybe Chad should add that to the curriculum at Bannockburn. It definitely is a workout! :)
You are hardcore... the second I have to run with icicles on my eyelashes I am throwing in the towel. Thanks for the fun runs. Hope there are many more to come (although I am still not sure about the 10 miler:) Also, I think we should hit up some X-country skiing- I love it.
Fun, night cross-country skiing! I am jealous, I have never tried that. Next year we will just have to be ski buddies.
So athletic, beautiful and smart. That sounds like a blast. So exciting to have Mikey home on Christmas Day. I am sure it made it so special...for you two lovebirds....
One more time . . . so glad you are here!
Laura:
Every now and then I see a great title on your blog from Tara's, and I read about what is going on in UT for you and Mike.
I love cross country skiing, too, I skiied on our High school team for 3 years. Such a blast to go skiing every day for December, January, and February, and two day trips on the weekends. I even won the "Tuck Award" my senior year. So much free time I had then, where has it all gone????
Texas is treating us well. We still miss mountains, but the fellowship is great. It will pay off.
I liked your Christmas miracle, too. We were lucky this year to have Nathan home for the day, too. Your friend in medical wifedom--
Post a Comment