Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The best present ever

(Taken Christmas morning. Please don't mind the hair and lack of makeup.)
Much to my surprise Mike actually had Christmas day off.  He had me believing for almost a month that he was working all day Christmas day. I was trying not to be bummed about it, but I was having a hard time being excited for Christmas knowing I wouldn't see Mike all day.  When he finally told me on Christmas Eve that he was actually going to be home ALL DAY for Christmas, tears were shed. Cheesy I know, but is it so bad to just want to hang out with your hubby on Christmas?  Seriously it was the best present I ever received. 

5 comments:

katherine said...

that was such a great prank. he had all of us! oh shmikey, we are glad you could be with us!!

Sarah M said...

yeah that he was home! once nick told me he would have to spend the night in steamboat. when the doorbell rang at 10pm and it was him i totally started to cry, too. we're nerds. but it is just so much better when the men are around. mike's a gem and a half. also, glad you are enjoying the snow and winter. i am jealous of utah's winters... we should go xcountry skiing when i come to utah, whenever that will be.
i think you are the best.

Billy and Kati said...

That must have been torture...but what a great surprise. I could see Billy doing something like that to me!

It was fun to see you! If you need a break from the winter...feel free to come and visit me in Phoenix! :)

Jen Vincent said...

Aw! That's so sweet! It's no fun to feel bad but then it's all better when you get a surprise. We had such a fun time hanging out together as a family for winter break and it would make me sad if he couldn't be home and then overjoyed that he would be home. :)

Nan and Ryan said...

That is so cute! What a fun Christmas present. Kudos to Mike!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails