Monday, March 7, 2011

California

After being in Las Vegas for a couple of days (see the post below) we headed to San Diego to spend a few days with Mike's parents who were vacationing in Pacific Beach.

The first day we got there was mid 60's and sunny. We headed straight to the beach for Charlotte's first experience with the ocean.
She loved it.
In fact she cried when we took her out of the water.
My babies. I love them.
Charlotte laughing at her grandma and snuggling Mike.
Walking along the beach. Thanks Steve for carrying ALL of our stuff.
Uh yeah that was the sunset the first night we were there. Not bad eh?
We had to take Charlotte to see the seals in La Jolla.

I don't know if Charlotte enjoyed the seals or sea gulls more.
Either way she was one happy girl seeing so many animals.

Our little family at the fancy Hotel del Coronado.

Out of all the things we did and saw by far the favorite was seeing Charlotte with her grandparents. (It had been a few weeks since she had seen them because they had been on vacation) Charlotte loved having her grandparents undivided attention and Steve and Carol, as always were so playful and fun with Charlotte. Thank you Steve and Carol for letting us come crash your vacation and for spoiling our little Charlotte.

Other highlights of our vacation:
** Going out to dinner with our friends the Foulgers. They were so kind to take time out of their very busy schedules to have dinner with Mike and I and one ornery baby.
**Going for walks along the beach with our little family
**Going out to dinner with the Circuit cousins.
**Eating breakfast at Konos. To die for my friends.
**Vacation Mike, vacation Mike, vacation Mike.

We had an excellent vacation.
Coming back from our trip was pretty hard as you know, but we are once again healthy and back to our routine.
Mike is super busy with his current rotation and Charlotte as always, is keeping me on my toes.
Things are good,I really can't complain, but...

I may or may not be already counting down to Mike's next week of vacation.

7 comments:

katherine said...

love love love it all. and that steve and carol, they are so fun! how nice to spend such quality time with them!! ps, i forgot to post below, jamie's home has such a nice feel, it seems like there is a ton of natural light there, love it!

lauren ann said...

SO fun to get to see you and your cute family. Thanks for squeezing us in!!

Anonymous said...

OOOH! I love California! San Diego is the best and I dream of one day going to Coronado! So glad you guys had fun! Thanks again for having for lunch the other day. So good to see you- I miss talking to you! You guys will have to come out our way next time!

Jen Vincent said...

Fun!!! I'm dying to go on vacation!!! We've booked Disney on June so I keep reminding myself of that and I'm so looking forward to it. Vacation Mike must be like Vacation Chad. Vacation Chad is much more relaxed and attentive! He's contemplating doing basketball next year but I keep telling him he gets too stressed and it's not worth it...I hope he doesn't do it!!! :)

{littlefam} said...

such great photos, lar! sounds like you guys had a wonderful, relaxing get-away! charlotte is growing up too fast! we are off to coronado tomorrow and your pictures have got me so excited to get down there.

Allison said...

I love your hair!! I am on your team - nothing is better than a husband on vacation. Glad you guys got to get away. Charlotte is just too cute.

Lauren said...

I LOVE YOUR CURLY/WAVY PRETTY HAIR! and charlotte's face is priceless in these photos! love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails