A few reasons why I love running in smaller races.
1. Your money usually goes to a good cause. I like the idea that the money I'm paying to run (which seems so backwards, paying to run. Really?) is benefiting someone else.
2. You get to run the pace you want the entire race, no thrown elbows, or winding around people, which allows you to get a PR.
3. There are left over medals from people not showing up for the half marathon, so you get a medal even though all you ran was a 10k.
4. You get to see your super awesome, fast friend take first place in women's overall and maybe if you're lucky and all the elements are in place for a good race, and there aren't many women in the race in the first place, you might even take third place in women's overall, which makes you feel like a lot faster runner than you really are for about 10 minutes. :) (How about that terrible run on sentence. I know my mom as an English teacher is cringing at that sentence.)
5. They have awesome post race food, bagels, chocolate milk, granola bars, bananas and donuts. I ate myself silly.
Probably one of the worst pictures ever of me. But you can't do a post without a picture right?
The FIGHT FOR AIR 10k was the perfect way to begin racing season this year.
It was the first year this race was put on. It was fun to do a new race. The course was awesome, even though it ended up being closer to 6.3 than 6.2 miles, I would run it again for sure.
Thanks Liz for running it with me, or really allowing me to eat your dust as you took off to win the race.
What races do you have planned this summer?
Do you prefer small or larger races?
3 comments:
umm hello lar, way to go! 3rd place overall girls, that is incredible! seriously you are amazing.
one day i'll be fast like you. one day.
one day i'll be fast like you. one day.
Post a Comment