2011 was a fantastic year. Here's a look at some of our family's favorite memories.
Charlotte's hair grew to be long enough for piggies and she learned how to walk just shy of being 13 months old.
Our little family drove to California for a vacation. We hung out with Mike's parents, met up with the Foulgers for dinner and Charlotte played in the Ocean for the first time.
It was such a fun trip.
On our way to California we stopped in Las Vegas for a night. Mike's wonderful sister Jamie watched Charlotte while Mike surprised me with tickets to see the Lion King. An amazing show and so fun to be with my Mikey.
Charlotte had her first official haircut. My baby is growing up!
Our little family took another vacation to Las Vegas and St. George. We enjoyed perfect weather and enjoyed being with our little family.
We found out Mike matched in a GI spot at the University of Cincinnati!
Mike officially finished his INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY!!!
I ran the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay with my extended family. We had an amazing adventure for two days, running up and over the beautiful mountains of Utah.
We partied and celebrated Mike finishing his residency, starting his chief year and matching in Cincinnati.
We went to Oceanside, California with the Walkers. Charlotte loved, loved, loved playing in the Ocean and visiting Sea World. It was an absolute blast.
Charlotte and I went to the most beautiful place in the world, Glacier National Park with my extended family. We missed Mike greatly but it was so fun to hike and be with family.
Charlotte continued to grow up and make us smile and laugh every day. She learned how to walk on her tip toes and jump. She hasn't stopped jumping since.
I was able to PR in the ten mile, 5k, 10k and half marathon distances. I never thought I would get my groove back after having a baby, but I did. It took a ton of work and dedication but I felt like in 2011 I was back to my old running self.
Sports Am Ten Miler Freedom 5k
Deseret News 10k Hobblecreek Half Marathon
I went to Chicago to visit all my old friends. Even though I got sick and I missed my babies, I loved seeing my "second family" again.
Mike and I went on our first real trip without Charlotte to Cincinnati. We both got so excited to move to this beautiful city and loved having perma alone time for 3 days.

Trick or Treating on Halloween was a blast this year. Charlotte enjoyed walking from house to house and asking for a treat. She looked darling in her little ladybug outfit made by yours truly. And we can't forget that we had the absolute perfect weather that evening.

Running the Sports-am Turkey Trot this year with many of my dear friends was one of the biggest highlights. Seeing each of my friends have their own success with the race meant so much to me. Not only did everyone rock that race but we all laughed together so much that day. I love running and I love my friends. :)


Attending the Littles' annual dress up Christmas party was of course a hit! The theme this year was white trash and I'm not sure I went 5 minutes without laughing the entire night.
Christmas was a dream this year. We got to spend time with both sides of our family and still have time for our little family. This Christmas season was special for us as we tried to teach Charlotte about the true meaning of Christmas, celebrating the birth of our Savior. We realized how blessed we are as a family to be surrounded by so many loved ones and to have a close relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ. Not to mention it was so fun to see Charlotte open her presents and want to play with them right away!

As you can see it was a fabulous year. We definitely had our hard moments, frustrations and down times, life wouldn't be complete without those moments. But the good outweighed the bad and hopefully we were able to grow a bit from each of those experiences.
2012 is looking to be a good year already.
Cincinnati is a mere 6 months away and we can't wait.
Mike gets to begin doing what he really wants to do, Charlotte is starting a dance class, and I'll be turning 30.
Bring it on 2012!


6 comments:
Wow! Although 2012 sounds promising, it sure has a lot to live up to! 2011 sounded pretty darn special!
Such fun to see it all in one post!
You sweet little sugar face...you've had quite the year! I love watching you grow up. You are such a good wife and a sweet mommy. I'm proud of you :)
I had forgotten about all your fun little trips. SHEESH! And PR's in every event.
You are gorgeous too. How do you actually LOOK that beautiful in all your race shots??? Mine NEVER look that perfect. IN the hobblecreek one, you are lookin' so strong while the ladies in front of you are about to pass out.
Nice year, friend. Let's go running soon.
what a great post! i love it! you not only got back to your old running self you kicked it up a notch and are even better girl! thanks to you i had a great fitness year as well! thanks for the inspiration and help.
ps the pic of you and your family in San diego, hello you look gorgeous!!!
The piggy cake is awesome! You really are a great mom and Charlotte will love looking back at these pictures. Still can't believe she is 2. What a cutie she is and we will miss you when you move. Thank you again for including me in the Ragnar. LOVED every minute of it. Love you guys.
loved this post - it was fun to see charlotte change so much in just a year!
Post a Comment