Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saying goodbye

Back tracking again....

It was so hard saying goodbye to friends and family before we left. We loved our four years in Utah and were so sad to leave everyone behind. We tried to make the most out of the crazy, busy month before we left. It was such a whirlwind trying to squeeze in so many last get togethers but I'm so glad we did! 


Saying goodbye to my sweet Grandma Rada. She is 90 and looking great! 


Last family dinner at Grandma Wynn's house. 
Charlotte just getting dirty playing in the mud and sand with the boys. Love that my bug is willing to get a little dirty! 

Hanging out on the lawn with cousins. I love my cousins so much. We had a great time sitting around, laughing and talking. 

Lunch with Grandma Wynn and more cousins.
I love my Grandma Wynn so much. If there is anyone I could be like on this earth it would be my Grandma Wynn. You will not find a nicer, more charitable, quick witted woman on this earth. She took a bunch of us girl cousins out to lunch before my cousin Camille left for her mission and before I left for Cincinnati. Love all these women! 


 One of my friends from HS husband's (did that make any sense?) opened a restaurant in Provo and I thought it would be fun to go try his food with all my girls before I left. The food was amazing and I love spending time with my girls. There haven't been too many girls I have met since that I have felt so comfortable and so at home with as these girls. I miss seeing them often and getting together for dinner. 
PS You must go try Cubby's!! It's so good and worth the drive to Provo! 


We had a BBQ at our house with my family before we left. So great to hang out, laugh and eat good food. I miss being so close to family. 
 My parents. True gems.

Mom and sisters. We of course miss Mandy so much. No family get together is ever the same without her. 

No party or family gathering is complete with a homemade sign made by one of us. It's the small details of a party that matter. ;)


Hanging out with the Walkers. Charlotte loves her Walker cousins so much. Swimming with them was the best. Her cousins are always so good to play with her and include her in all they do. She still talks about swimming with her cousins. 
 Little hot tubbing with the boys. What could be better?

 Riding the law mower with Papa Steve. 
Love that Papa Steve. 

Emily was so kind to take Charlotte for a day so my mom and I could pack my house! It was so helpful of Emily to spend time with Charlotte. I know they both loved their day of fun together, however I was not too thrilled with how they spent their time. ....
Sure looks like it was a good read though. I guess I can't complain, she is "reading" and I was able to get a ton done that day! 

Saying goodbye to our sweet, little home. So many great memories there. We were so lucky to sell that house. Makes me sad to know we will never be going back and living there again but I'm glad the home went to a nice family. 


And then there was this goodbye the morning we left. I'm not even going to go there with this post. Sad, sad, sad goodbye. 


Saying goodbye to all of our loved ones was tough, but we've loved our adventures here in Cincinnati so far. We've felt so at home and so loved by all we've met. Although we truly are enjoying our time here in Cincinnati, I'm excited to visit Utah next summer. ;)

3 comments:

Lacey said...

ok so you made me cry. i miss you friend!

The Speres said...

It is so tough to say goodbye! No matter how many times you've done it in the past, it is really the worst. Glad you got to have such fun times with friends and family, though. You always post such great pictures.
Also, in regards to the last post, OUCH! Poor Charlotte! Mouth injuries are terrible! They just bleed and bleed forever.

Katie M. said...

Were you really here 4 years? Wowsers. It is so hard to say goodbye. Man, it's a heart-ripper. And you've got such great friends and family who love you equally as much as you do them.

I love Charlotte indulging in the magazine. Hil-arious!

I do want to try Cubby's- it's sounding good right now at 10pm, so we'll have to make it a trip down to P-town for that purpose.

Lookin' good, friend!! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails