More catching up to do. The following are a bunch of pictures taken over the summer in our new home. It was a great, great summer. We were sad to have our summer end but it's been a fantastic fall thus far!
We have a swing set in our backyard and Charlotte is in heaven playing on it! We spent at least an hour most days outside playing on the swing set.
Future Olympian anyone?
One very hot, humid morning Charlotte wanted to take a few toys on a walk but refused to wear any other shoe beside her pink, snow boots. Just looking at his picture makes me sweat. And yes, she is still in pajamas in this picture. It was only 9:00 a.m., at least it was lunch time right?
We still take "Normal Baby" most places we go. Charlotte also loves to pretend to be a doctor like her dad. I think it's sweet. I will say she definitely does have her dad's good memory. Maybe she will be a doctor someday. ;)
We were sad to not have access to Grandma and Grandpa's pool this summer so we had to make due. One day it was so hot and both Charlotte and I were bored so I filled up her mini pool with water and bubbles. I have to say this one of my better ideas. She loved it and it entertained her for quite some time! We'll be doing this again next summer.
Seeing the Red's Stadium downtown.
My little bug is getting so big.
One rainy day I took Charlotte to Recreation Outlet. Recreation Outlet is a store that sells playground sets, trampolines, sports equipment etc. Tues, Wed, Thursday mornings from about 9-11 they have free play where you can play on their equipment for free!!!! Charlotte was in HEAVEN! We will be doing this again and again especially during winter.
We spent many a days joining our friends at their townhouse complex swimming pool. And of course we couldn't go swimming without our heart sunglasses that we got for free at the local library. Too bad they broke the first day we got them. Charlotte still talks about it.
The Cincinnati Zoo is top notch. We love this place and it's so nice having a pass! We can go and spend as much time or as little time there and get our money's worth. The zoo has a fantastic petting zoo where kids can go brush the animals fur, feed them and pet the animals. Charlotte loves it. We went a number of times over the summer and it never got old.
Charlotte helping her dad mow the lawn.
Since someone was so distraught over her heart sunglasses breaking, I caved and bought her some real sunglasses at Gap kids. I'll be honest, she looks so darling in them. Charlotte loves wearing them in the car when we are out and about and luckily they are still in tact and haven't broken yet! Charlotte also loves listening to her "phone", aka my ipod. I'll be honest, I was getting so sick of listening to Lion King EVERY, EVERY time we got in the car, I finally decided to download it onto my ipod so Charlotte could listen to it in the car. Now everyone wins in the car!
Another, hot humid morning, both Charlotte and I were bored and getting ansy. I was looking through my pinterest boards and saw the idea for Charlotte to "wash" one of her cars. Genuis. I grabbed the sidewalk chalk and let the girl go to town getting her car dirty. She used chalk, mud, leaves, you name it to dirty up her little firetruck. Then I gave Charlotte a spray bottle and let her "wash" her car. She loved it and actually did a pretty good job cleaning it up. Another pinterest win!
We bought Charlotte a Strider bike over the summer. Not sure I'm sold on this bike yet. I think it will be next summer by the time Charlotte is really comfortable in it, but she was excited about it and is beginning to get the idea of balance. How cute does she look in that helmet? So darling.
Another pinterest win, shooting marbles down a pool noodle. Charlotte and I sat on her bunk bed and put marbles in her pool noodle trying to get them to drop into different bowls. It was a little tricker than I thought it would be, but this was another great activity that Charlotte really enjoyed that we could do together. Perfect for those little fingers.
Charlotte's grandma Carol made her day when she sent her a package of princess necessities. As soon as we opened the package Charlotte could not wait to put on the princess attire. She looks like true royalty in that get up if you ask me.
More pictures playing on the swing set.
One the side of the swing set in a mini climbing wall. I'm proud to say Charlotte can climb up the wall all by herself. She is one brave, strong cookie.
Anderson Days Carnival. I love/hate carnivals. They are so fun, and entertaining but money suckers. Everything is such a rip off and so dang expensive. We were suckers and told Charlotte she could choose one ride to go on. Even though the ride probably lasted less than 30 seconds, Charlotte loved it and it was worth the money to have her and Mike go on it.
So as you can see it was an excellent summer. Cincinnati has so many fun things to offer. It's a very family friendly city, which we have loved. I'm already excited for next summer, now knowing all of the fun things we can do!

3 comments:
So darling! We miss you guys tons! I want to know more about 'normal baby'. Is there an abnormal baby that she is compared to? Who gave her the name 'normal baby'? Inquiring minds want to know......
you are such a good mom. you were in a new place and made the most of it for you and your babe. she is so stinkin cute in those sunglasses and awesome idea with the ipod. our radio/cd player in our car is broken, so there is no music in the car, which is a good thing i think. i 'm so glad you are enjoying Cincinnati. i sure miss you!
Love the update. Can't wait for baby #2.
Post a Comment