Did you know Cincinnati has one of the largest Oktoberfests outside of Germany? Well apparently it does and we were not about to miss out on this big event.
Some of Cincinnati's downtown streets are closed off for this big event and filled with musicians, food and clothing vendors. I couldn't believe how many people were there and what a big event this actually was!
Classy, I know. You have to admit it's a pretty hilarious picture.
One of the fine foods we ate that day. Don't judge me. It really was one amazing funnel cake.
Love my babies.
Some people dress up for the event. I'm not sure you can see this picture too well, but here we have a guy with a large, stuffed beer hat. Classy. I haven't seen so much alcohol in one place. These people take Oktoberfest seriously.
Mike was the mandatory brat. It was excellent and tasted just like the ones we ate while in Germany years ago.
It's been so fun discovering a new city. Mike and I have been surprised with how much there is to do here in Cincinnati! Although downtown is nothing compared to Chicago's downtown, let's be honest it's hard to be Chicago but there seems to be something going on at least once a month and so far it's the events have been great! Cheers to at least three more years of fun memories in Cincinnati.
PS If you are needed a good Germany fix come to Cincinnati in October. That's a HINT for you Steve and Carol. You must come next year to Oktoberfest with us next year!!
3 comments:
i don't know where to begin, all of your pictures are awesome! you look amazing in the first one, seriously you are gorgeous!
i love funnel cakes and would never judge. when we were in chicago i got a fried bread sundae, that's right, a bunch of fried dough with ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream on top! it was humungous too, and delicious! ;)
I love the picture of mike and charlotte, super cuters!
and the one of charlotte as the beer stein girl, whatever you call it, is hilarious! it turned out perfect!
Cincinnati looks like so much fun, and that you are making the most of it!
Sounds just like our German home! Next fall sounds good....maybe the new little girl will be of "beer drinking age"!
Attending the new activites in each new city was the very best part of moving. I LOVED it! So happy you are enjoying your new home.
Post a Comment