The science teacher thought it would be funny to come into my classroom and put some cicadas on my arm. Not funny. Needless to say I had to take a picture of this momentous occasion. I have three on my arm around my watch, such a creepy feeling!Although I think these cicadas are ugly, I must say it's so cool to be in Chicago while these creatures are out, you only get to see these bugs every 17 years! Their entire life cycle is 17 years, most of which is spent underground! Once they hatch out of their eggs, they mate, lay their eggs and die. What a life. If you would like to read more about them check out this website: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/news/news.cfm?NewsID=5588
8 comments:
i don't care if those things come out every 150 years, i am not putting them on my arm, thank you very much. sicko.
SICK! I can't believe you let them put that nasty lil bugger on you! You are much more brave than I am! Kinda reminds me of the movie Lucas...ever see that one? With the kid that loves that little bugs that come out every now again, and then he tries to play football to impress the girl...Totally 80's. Classic.
Oh my gosh. Love Lucas! I thought of that movie too, when I heard about the cicadas. So classic.
Personally, I think the cicadas are a work of art and a wonder of creation! Every 17 years they mate and die--how amazing! I think we should make predictions of where we will be and what we will be doing in 17 years when the cicadas come out again.
i love those bugs. i saw them on planet earth and now they are my favorite bugs. lucky.
ooo laura - freaky! you look so pretty though - i love your necklace.
come visit dc this summer :)
I can't believe you let someone put those on you. Wow. They are so ugly and yet I can't take my eyes of that picture you have of them.hansen71
Laura -
I saw a story on the news about these little guys last night - crazy! It was great to see you over the weekend - can't wait for you to come back in July!
Post a Comment