Thursday, May 29, 2008

Where's Waldo...

Last Saturday I ran the Fleet Feet 10 miler. It was the perfect race. The race course started in downtown Chicago headed south for about 5 miles then turned back towards the city for the last leg of the race. The finish line was the 50 yard line in Solider Field (where the Chicago Bears play). It was awesome to run into the stadium and appear on the jumbo tron.  I couldn't have asked for better weather. The sun was shining without a cloud in the sky. The temperature was in the 50's with a nice gentle breeze. We were running next to the beautiful Lake Michigan. This race almost had me convinced to stay in Chicago just so I could do it again.

The race was well organized with a lot of support minus the photographers. Unfortunately when Mike and I left for the race at the BC of dawn we were so out of it that we totally forgot our camera. By the time we were both thinking clearly and realized we didn't have the camera it was too late to go back to get it. I thought it would be no big deal because I knew there would be photographers at the race. Well it turns out there was 7500 people who ran this race. Which means I didn't so much show up in any of the pictures except for a few body parts here and there. Bummer.

So make this a game...see if you can find me in the following pictures. I'm wearing a blue short sleeve t-shirt and black shorts. Good luck!

HINT: Ok find the light pole and go straight down and slightly to the left! There I am.
Get ready they get harder as we go.

HINT: OK see the guy who has his arm raised? White shirt, grey shorts. Look in the armpit of the raised arm. Yep that's me.


HINT: See the elbow in the forefront of the picture? Look right under the elbow. You got it, that's my leg.

So that's it. Normally I wouldn't care that I don't have pictures of me running, I would actually prefer not to. But because this is my last race in Chicago and by far one of the coolest, most memorable races I've done, I was hoping to have a picture of me running across the 50 yard line. Oh well. 

11 comments:

Eric and Megan said...

Too funny...I love the little hints you gave. I could just hear your voice as I was reading them. That race looks amazing, I'm totally jealous of your ambition for running. I wish I had more of your drive. Can't wait for the wasatch back!

Lacey said...

yeah you are an amazing runner!!! i am sad you didn't have a camera but the little hints of you in those pics are fun!

Bobbi said...

Yea for you! It was fun to get an update on the race from your mom while we were on the hiking trail. Liesl was impressed with your time! Loved your funny comment on my blog.

{littlefam} said...

You are a running champ! Love the Where's Waldo hints!

katherine said...

hey waldo, you have a nice leg in that last pic.

Anonymous said...

I love the "Where's Laura?" game!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

i was totally tempted to run that race as i saw a lot of ads for it when i ran the one the week before..

as my body is happy i skipped it, i am sad b/c my asianess would have ensured i would have brought a camera for the festivities. sorry...

anyways, awesome job.. your elbow and ankle region were looking hot

Monica said...

congrats, laura for running another race! seriously, i am so impressed with your dedication and passion for running. i loved the pictures. you look great!!

Jen Vincent said...

Woo hoo!!!! That looked like a cool race...but I so cannot run 10 miles. I'll have to remember it for next year and try and get myself into shape by then. Speaking of that...who says you can't come back and run it again?1?! We'll have to plan a running weekend. :) I'm definitely ready for another 5k. We always do the 4th of July Freedom 5k here in Mundelein, but I think I've gotta get one or two in before that. You're an inspiration!

Amanda said...

you are famous!

good job..sounds like a great last run in the windy city.

Courtney said...

Ha Ha...what a fun game trying to find you! Glad you had a great race to remember Chi-town from! We totally miss Chicago, mostly because of our good friends who remain our good friends and also because I don't think there are many cities as cool as Chicago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails