Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall has arrived

You know it's fall when.....

You're busy going to football games...



and the state fair.
(Check out the awesome pig I won from a simple dart game.)

You know it's fall when....
You actually buy candy corn and enjoy it.
Let's be honest does anyone really buy candy corn any other time of year?

You know it's fall when...

your fruit trees can no longer hold the fruit they bare.

(This is just 3 out of the 5 fruit trees that occupy our yard. You can imagine how many fruit flies we have.)

You know it's fall when...
beautiful new fall colors are appearing in clothing stores:



Ahhh Fall I'm so happy you're here! 
Don't you love the crispness of the air? 

14 comments:

Lacey said...

i LOVE fall, there really isn't much else to say about it but that i love it!

Amanda said...

we are so on the same page I love it.

wicked good football seats!

Eric and Megan said...

YAY FOR FALL! It's far and away the best time ever. And what comes next is even better...CHRISTMAS! (and then after that January and February are straight up boring). Enjoy Fall while it lasts! PS, I need to call you...

Megan said...

Looks like you have turned to the Dark Side when it comes to football! 2nd grade, oh the days.

katherine said...

first of all, i love that amanda said "wicked good football seats" amanda, you hot dog. second, your bangs look bangin! i love them. third, G lady loves the pig. forth, well, i love fall, i love weather when you need a sweatshirt, but still feel fine wearing flip flops. hum . . .

Anonymous said...

How fun! This is a wonderful time of year! I love how it feels cool when I walk out the door in the morning.

emily said...

that wasn't the only pig we saw that night. if i recall there was another one. another big one. also it was right there that i met my best friend. bless her heart and her other two friends. love fall and love you!

Bobbi said...

I love this post! Yea for Autumn I say!!!

Nick Scott Family said...

I'm excited for fall but that means winter is around the corner. I'm not ready for the cold (yeah for skiing) but not the cold :) And fruit trees....I just tried my hand at canning last night for the first time. I love the fruit but it makes SUCH A MESS. We can pick up 50 pears and then next day ... 50 more magically appear on the ground again. Sometimes I wonder if people come and SHAKE our tree on purpose.

Courtney said...

Totally miss fall now that I'm back in the ZONA DESERT...and uh, yeah, I am one of those crazys that buys candy corn all through the year...but I love it most at Halloween!

The Close's Place said...

Missing you, got your phone call and have no good reason why I haven't called back!! Can't help my lameness

Katie M. said...

Amen, Laura. Fabulous post. Who doesn't love fall? I agree with everything you said... Even candy corn, which I despise except for Sept 20thish-October 31st-ish. Going to football games for sure screams Autumn loud and clear... and thank you for highlighting the two most beautiful colors for fashion 2008 ahh.. the mustard and burnt orange. love 'em.

Jen Vincent said...

I love fall, too! I have to say I'm still sad about summer having to leave...I get so sad when I go by the water park all desolate...but I do love fall. I made spaghetti squash the other day. It was a first, but it was really yummy. I love the change of the leaves and I love the fall colors. Brown is my new favorite color!

Allison said...

I miss fall and I miss Ute football games. It just isn't the same watching them on tv. Keep posting pics so I can live vicariously through you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails