hit the nail on the head for me right now. i am so stressed i have a massive cold sore! going back to work - doing the work of three people (by boss got the ax while i was gone) on top of leaving my four month old behind. i like to think i am super woman. but i'm not. something had to give. you should see my poor house. it's a mess.
For sure I feel like that sometimes. Working full-time and being a mom and wife at night and still trying to get things done that I need done (laundry, cooking, shopping, etc.) can get very stressful and I feellike that often. You're not alone ... I'm sure everyone feels like this to some extent at sometime.
ya, ya, everyday really. it sucks. but lance and i keep telling ourselves that we'll be really busy right now if life and maybe when we are 50+ we will hang out. 20 more years of treading water doesn't seem that bad.
Once in a while? Try every other day. I honestly don't know how we do the things we do as women. So much is placed on us and then we go and add other things on top our selves! You are absolutely not alone....try to remember what Grandma says though, "Just throw back your head and laugh!" Love you Dolly!
I feel this way especially at the beginning of the school year. I keep telling myself that it will all settle down. Usually it does after a week or two. Just keep thinking good, calm, relaxing, stress-free thoughts!
I would have responded sooner, but I had too much to do. I do think it gets a little better as you get older . . . but then there are new problems to do with. Hang in there!
I have to agree with every post on here. Working full time, taking care of a 2 yr old, a husband, and a household definitely gets draining! But when it comes down to it I wouldn't have it any other way. And I hate to admit it but I have been the person that says running is bad for you. That was only because I have never been a runner myself and deep down I envy all of you for doing it! I've snapped out of it now that I work-out as well. Thank goodness.
Hi Laura! Thanks for summing up life for just about everyone our age on your blog! But your beautiful smile tells me that you don't let the current pull you under! Hope teaching is going well. Remind me what grade you teach??
Oh, and didn't you just have a birthday? I just had a flashback of junior high, sitting next to you or near you during lunch at hillside and realizing that our birthdays were only a couple days apart...you are September 1st, right? I'm the 4th. Happy belated Bday!
16 comments:
Yes, I do feel like I'm treading water...plenty of times.
Although I never feel like I'm a Boston Terrier treading water. Hmmm...
hit the nail on the head for me right now. i am so stressed i have a massive cold sore! going back to work - doing the work of three people (by boss got the ax while i was gone) on top of leaving my four month old behind. i like to think i am super woman. but i'm not. something had to give. you should see my poor house. it's a mess.
Hate to say it but it sounds like you could afford to say "no" to a few things/people.
If you don't want to say no, just remember that treading water is great cardio and strengthens your muscles.
For sure I feel like that sometimes. Working full-time and being a mom and wife at night and still trying to get things done that I need done (laundry, cooking, shopping, etc.) can get very stressful and I feellike that often. You're not alone ... I'm sure everyone feels like this to some extent at sometime.
Welcome to life... :)
ya, ya, everyday really. it sucks. but lance and i keep telling ourselves that we'll be really busy right now if life and maybe when we are 50+ we will hang out. 20 more years of treading water doesn't seem that bad.
Once in a while? Try every other day. I honestly don't know how we do the things we do as women. So much is placed on us and then we go and add other things on top our selves! You are absolutely not alone....try to remember what Grandma says though, "Just throw back your head and laugh!" Love you Dolly!
Oh just about everyday.. and I don't even work! Hang in there, hopefully it will slow down soon!
...just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
I feel this way especially at the beginning of the school year. I keep telling myself that it will all settle down. Usually it does after a week or two. Just keep thinking good, calm, relaxing, stress-free thoughts!
I would have responded sooner, but I had too much to do.
I do think it gets a little better as you get older . . . but then there are new problems to do with.
Hang in there!
I have to agree with every post on here. Working full time, taking care of a 2 yr old, a husband, and a household definitely gets draining! But when it comes down to it I wouldn't have it any other way.
And I hate to admit it but I have been the person that says running is bad for you. That was only because I have never been a runner myself and deep down I envy all of you for doing it! I've snapped out of it now that I work-out as well. Thank goodness.
This is how I feel MOST of the time!!!
Almost every day. Hang in there!
Hi Laura! Thanks for summing up life for just about everyone our age on your blog! But your beautiful smile tells me that you don't let the current pull you under! Hope teaching is going well. Remind me what grade you teach??
Oh, and didn't you just have a birthday? I just had a flashback of junior high, sitting next to you or near you during lunch at hillside and realizing that our birthdays were only a couple days apart...you are September 1st, right? I'm the 4th. Happy belated Bday!
Post a Comment