Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feeling the love..

My baby has already been spoiled from dear friends near and FAR. I really feel so humbled and lucky to have so many generous, compassionate people in my life. Pregnancy is totally bringing out my sentimental side, so I once again apologize for a sappy post. But I really wanted to give a public thank you to my dear OUT OF STATE friends. I think these kind, thoughtful, wonderful people deserved a public SHOUT OUT for taking the time to think of us and to SEND something.

First my darling friend Allison who lives in California, started a fabulous sling company with her sister called Mod Mum. She sent me a sling about a month ago and I'm already in love. I can't wait to use this gem for baby.

When we lived in Chicago, my work friends became my second family. They embraced me and always made me feel loved. I don't know what I would have done without them. I do know I would have hated my three years in Chicago if it hadn't been for the people I worked with.

Kathy had the job I someday I want, she was the school librarian and the coolest librarian at that! I just got a huge package from her. Some of the things included in the package were...

a bunch of clothes for the babus. All of them darling.
Kathy also took the time to sew this adorable rabbit. Seriously, is this not the cutest thing ever? You really need to check out her blog and see all the crafty things she does. She is so talented. I'm so in love with this rabbit.

I started receiving these parenting magazines in the mail and just figured I got on some mailing list and was getting them for free. Little did I know my thoughtful friend Jen, from Chicago, got me a subscription to this wonderful magazine. What a cool gift right? I've already read it front to back and can't wait for the next issue to come out.
Then my very good friend, running buddy, and confidant Lauren from Chicago got all the people I use to work with to pitch in and get a few things for baby. They got us, a hamper for dirty clothes, bath towel, some of the baby bedding and then this....
A CAR SEAT!!!! She's a real beauty.
I have no doubt Baby Walker will be completely safe in this baby. Everyone was so generous to pitch in and get us these things.

Thank you friends near and far for already making Baby Walker feel so loved!!

7 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

Maddy and I had so much fun putting the package together. I wasn't sure Maddy was going to let the bunny go, but she did.

Allison said...

I love you friend. Why can't I live by you?

Try to remember to bring your sling to Lindsey's party so I can give you a brief tutorial on how to use it.

Lacey said...

wow lar, i think it just shows what an amazing person and friend you are that your unborn child is so loved! we all love you so much!

katherine said...

you are blessed with some very dear friends. i am so excited to meet your little sis. oh man. it is SO soon ler. how very exciting!!

chelsea b james said...

lucky girl you are stocked up! i have a present for you by the way

Jen Vincent said...

Great stuff! The sling looks awesome! I'm going to have to remember to go over to her site and order one. I have a Moby that I used when Jordan was older...but I really didn't use a sling when he was younger and I wish I had! I'm all about it this time! Let me know how you like it! I love Kathy's snuggly creations, too. It makes me want to get my sewing machine out! Maybe after Christmas...

Teresa said...

Your nursery is ADORABLE!!! I can't beleive your due date is so close, or how teeny tiny you are for being so close! Not fair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails