Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things we've learned...

Well my little darling is two weeks old. We've learned a lot these past two weeks together...

First... Charlotte and Miller are already going to be great friends...
Second... Chocolate and Charlotte don't mix well together. Chocolate leads to an upset stomach and gas. This is probably a good thing for me, but such a bummer.

Third... She has wicked awesome bed head and she likes to be burped, it puts her in some kind of milk coma.
Fourth... She hates, I mean hates having her diaper changed. She would be quite content sitting in a dirty diaper all day and night. She doesn't like to take baths either, she takes after her aunt Emily.

Fifth... She is a loud sleeper. She snorts, grunts, sneezes and moans all night and during naps.

Sixth...Charlotte is definitely MY daughter. She's already making the same facial expressions as me. Check out the picture below to see what I mean...
Seventh... She has both Mike and I wrapped around her little finger.

21 comments:

katherine said...

8th, we all just adore her and her name fits her perfectly!!!

love you sister. you are doing a fantastic job. thanks for coming over today, Grace can't stop talking about Charlotte - and keeps calling her on her "phone," it's awesome.

Amanda said...

Can you please come back and share some Charlotte love with us?

That drunk milk picture is wicked awesome. So proud of your New England lingo my dear.

Cute mother/daughter facial expressions!

Lacey said...

Miller + Charlotte = BFF

love the post! you are doing so great! we will need to get these little friends together soon!

Bobbi said...

I love that last picture. You are already such a good mommy. You totally knew what to do today to make her stop crying....you go girl!!! I'm proud of you :)

Tara H said...

she keeps you awake with her little noises, doesn't she? I never knew babies could be so disturbing when they weren't crying!
very cute, love the pics.

lauren ann said...

L.O.V.E. that last picture...

Eric and Megan said...

I love all her cute hair and that awesome "milk coma" picture...hilarious. You're looking FABULOUS and seem to have it all together. Nice work! You're a great mommy and Charlotte is super lucky to have you.

{littlefam} said...

those pictures are so darling - i might have to come over soon for a visit - i'll give you a call!

Katie M. said...

her little face is so squeezable cute! she does seem quite the animated one for being so newbornish! way to go, charlotte!

and I love Lacey's pick for the boy's name- Miller! Too bad I can't use it.

and... you have rolled into motherhood so well. you look, well, amazing, not even a bit like you just had a baby, and you are so put together in every area of life. how do you do it? teach me.

Sarah M said...

la sigh. i love little squishy babies. i am so impressed that you have narrowed the gas and upset stomach down to chocolate. i was never that cool. :) i love that her and miller are BFFs, i really think she looks like you? who do you and mike think she resembles more? nick and i still think caroline looks nothing like either of us... :)
love her! i really hope i can see her in a couple of weeks (first weekend of feb) when we'll be in town!

Unknown said...

Ha ha. All of your comments are way too nice. I may look like I have it all together but I certainly don't! You should have seen me bawling my eyes out yesterday morning. You gotta love the post pregnancy hormones!

Nick Scott Family said...

I absolutely love the last picture of you two ... that is funny! Aren't they so much fun!! I'm still hanging in there ... one week to go today.

emily said...

Your baby knows what's up with hating showering. She and you are so lucky that me and her are so much alike. Oh my goodness I love that little baby so much!

Kathy Lou said...

So wonderful and adorable and I can just smell that glorious baby smell (not the dipes) from here. Soak it all in, every moment, it goes too fast. It feels like forever, but it's wicked fast.

Jen Vincent said...

Aw, so sweet! Great pictures! I like the milk coma. I love that look when they are just so content! :) So exciting! Makes me sooooo excited for another newborn in our house!

Mona said...

Loved reading about your cute family! Can't wait to hold sweet Charlotte again! Sounds like you're getting acquainted! We miss you at school! Love hearing about your adventures as a new mom

Allison said...

That picture is perfect. She is as beautiful as her momma.

Liz said...

Too cute, Laura!! She is so pretty :) I'm glad your first two weeks were great - they will all be and go by WAY too fast. Hope you are loving all that mommy-hood brings, it's a big change and a fast one, but an unexpectedly rewarding one. Would love to chat with you sometime but don't want to bust in with a call - I can only guess how your days are right now...but if it'd be okay let me know!

jmb said...

She's amazing Laura. I'm so glad that the birth and everything went so well. You look great and you're baby is a doll.

Sara said...

So so sweet! Cute post, she is just darling! I love that pic where you are making the same face!:)

dave+candace said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. I'm so happy for you. Hope things continue to go well for you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails