There are so many things I want to blog about like my baby being 9 MONTHS OLD, (holy cow, she is already 9 months old!!!) or my September summary, but life has been crazy busy and I only have a moment to blog right now. BUT I had to tell you about two very important events.
There is the most darling family in my neighborhood who is in need of some help. You have probably already heard about them through emails I have sent, but just in case you didn't get the email, or didn't actually read the email here's the skinny:
Whit and Lindsey Coleman have an almost three year old son named Jonas who has SMA (spinal muscular atrophy). Jonas was diagnosed with SMA when he was 6 weeks old. His mind is completely intact, but over time he has lost the ability to move his limbs, swallow and has even lost the ability to breathe on his own. Whit and Lindsey do not know how long they will have Jonas, so they take one day at a time and appreciate every moment they have with him. On August 27, 2010 Whit and Lindsey welcomed their second child, Maggie, into their family. Maggie also has SMA. All the medical equipment, time and money to care for these two precious children has doubled.
Watch this video clip the news did on the family over a month ago. And if you live in the Salt Lake area, Channel 2 News is doing a story on them TONIGHT on their 10:00 p.m. news. Please watch!
You can help this cute family, (and me!)
First...

Come to the community carnival held in their behave.
Saturday, October 9th, 2010
3:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
Olympus High School
4055 S 2300 E
Holiday, UT 84124
There will be a live auction, games, magic show, reptile show and live music!!
Click on the flyer for more info!
Adults $5, children $3
2. A friend and I are organizing a 5k to help raise funds! I've always wanted to organize a race and this has been the perfect opportunity. It's been much more challenging than I ever imagined, but it's been a great experience thus far. Sadly we don't have many registered for the race, so we need YOU to help us out!
October 30th, 2010
Liberty Park
(1300 S 600 E)
8:00 a.m.
5k/3.1 miles
Come run or walk!
$20 if you register HERE
$30 dollars race day
Read more about it HERE
If you live out of state and want to help, even registering for the race (regardless of actually running it) is making a huge contribution to the family.
Thanks for those who have ALREADY emailed me asking for ways to help; you know who you are! You are making a big difference and your willingness to help means the world to me!
5 comments:
count me in - what a great cause! you are awesome to be so involved - you have always been such a great example of kindness!
stoked about it. all signed up and ready to walk it (all the while looking way good) with my little mermaid and lobster. should be real fun!!
way to go with all your hard work!!
What a sweet and touching story. Totally count me in too! I am so excited to do the run. (or walk.. we will see) Let me try to find a running partner and I will sign up. Good for you for putting this together!
So my younger sisters and some of their friends have signed up and I registered today, although I'm still not sure if I'll be able to actually be there...still working on that. But it will be wonderful, I'm sure!
Laura
I'm planning on doing it (just need to sign up this week!) Excited too. It's just so commendable and awesome and laudable and wonderful how involved people are getting! Thanks for putting so much effort into organizing this race. Can't wait.
Post a Comment