A DAY IN THE LIFE OF CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH WALKER
9 months old
Disclaimer:
1. Pictures were taken over a period of a few days.
2. I promise Charlotte and I don't stay in our pajamas all day. Really we don't.
3. There are lots of pictures.
We wake up with a bright smile on our face, ready to face the world, with as you know,
We get bundled up and go for a run.

Charlotte must have a toy to chew on since she is constantly teething.
Seriously teething NEVER ENDS. Good thing Charlotte handles it like a champ. (Most of the time)
We practice ROARING. Charlotte has gotten really good at it.
WE
CRAWL
ALL
OVER
THE HOUSE.
SHELVES.
I'm seriously amazed at how she never tires of doing this.
I'm also amazed that this habit doesn't bother me.
And when we've exhausted our mother and it's time for dinner
we jump and bounce and jump and bounce till our heart's content,
or until she's DONE.
Finally we end the day with a nice bath just before bed,
only to wake up 10-11 hours later to do it all over again.
Groundhog Day anyone?
Truth? I love it.
And just because I can, one more picture of my bug.
So my honey bunny, C-star, babus, C-turtle, tiny turd (sorry mom), little C, sweet Charlotte is 9 months old. WHAT? So cliche but where did the time go? Charlotte can be a real pickle at times but we simply adore her. She easily has both Mike and I wrapped around her finger.
Look at that face. How can you blame me?
**A couple of other fun facts about Charlotte.
*If your hand is in the way or somewhere she doesn't want it,
she will pick up your hand and move it out of the way.
*She has 8 teeth. Yup 8. More are coming in too!
*If you take a toy away from her or move her from somewhere
she wants to be but shouldn't be, she throws a fit.
Really? She's only 9 months old for crying out loud.
*Charlotte is terrified of old people. Not all strangers, just old people.
She cries at all the sweet, friendly, older people who just smile at her. (including both of my darling grandmas)
Always makes for a good adventure when grocery shopping.
*She hates to have her hair played with. If I try to put a bow in it, I have to distract it or she will pull it out immediately. If I put a mini ponytail in it, she cries the entire time.
*She has started to give the cheesiest grin, scrunching her entire face and showing her pearly whites. We love it.
What does your day look like?
What's your favorite baby stage?
Do you have a nickname? Love/hate nicknames?
17 comments:
i love your daughter. she kills me. oh little c, you are a favorite of mine (along with my other cute little niece and nephews). what a great post!!
love your pictures! very, very cute depiction of a day : )
One nickname I didn't think we would stop using, but totally have is Odie. No one ever calls her that anymore : )
she is so cute, and yes totally groundhog day, but worth it!
CUTE pictures!! How fun to see your day!
In answer to your questions (since I never answer them...):
(1) I work mostly everyday, but enjoy the crisp mountain air in the autumn.
(2) I truly love every stage of baby-life, but I CAN because they're all nieces and nephews and eventually go back to their parents! :)
(3) I think Groundhog day (meaning Feb. 2nd) is the only day of the year that DOESN'T feel like Groundhog day--this job gets monotonous and we usually have a G.Hog's Day Party, which is always exciting!
(4) I loathe the nickname "Heidi-Ho," which I'll never get away from. But I Love my dad's nickname for me "Spidey."
She is so cute! I especially love the bouncer collage. That is where Rowan spends his time when I cook dinner too. She is so getting so big! I just love the phase these babies are in right now.
The books made me laugh. I soo remember all my babies doing that!
Love, love this post! How cute is that girl?!!
Groundhog day, such a perfect comparison to my life. And 8 teeth, no way. Harper is 19 months and she only has 8 teeth.
I loved this post. She is a jewel.
Okay, you are such a cute mom to such a cute girl......Now, I need to know how you do the more than one picture collage......
cute post, lar! what a fun little smile to wake up to every morning! i had to laugh a little when you talked about not staying in your pj's because carmen, gavin and i were in our pj's until 2:30 today.
to die for.... seriously
She is so grown up! Our days resemble yours, but we're not to the standing yet. :)
I truly have no words to describe how HAPPY these pictures make me!!! Oh I just love you Laura! And your sweet baby!!!
Too cute, and maybe my favorite pics so far! I love the thumb sucking. My little buddy does the same with his left thumb. It's constantly in there. Your day made me miss how fast the time goes, I wish for the days I was only keeping up with a crawler. Just wait until she RUNS all over the house - yikes!!! Love it :) Miss you!
Oh just you wait! The best is definitely yet to come!
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for coming over to say hi tonight! Your daughter is so cute and has the sweetest cheeks! Have a great weekend.
Cheri
laura, love this. love charlotte. she is getting big and beautiful. she reminds me a lot of caroline. i think you are going to have a sassy, independent girl on your hands, just like me. i tell myself the sassier the better, it gets me through my days. love all her nicknames, caroline has a million, too.
hmmm so much to love about this post! first of all her awesome hair! love the bed head and the side pony;) love the way you did this post- my days seem very similar to yours... only multiple the mess and chaos by 3:) groundhog day is a perfect description of the life us us mommies! but yet our sweet babies make it oh so worth it!!! you are a darling mama! oh and if you ever got the chance to come to va i would STRONGLY recommend it!
and aren't you sweet - there are plenty of nasty pics of me!!! trust me on that one:)
Post a Comment