Sunday, February 20, 2011

VIP for a night

Aside from Mike's busy medical residency, Mike has a "second job" where he works a few times a month to earn a little extra cash and gain more experience working as an Internal Medicine physician. I'll be honest, first hearing about this opportunity I wasn't too stoked about Mike picking up extra work with his already busy schedule. There are some months I feel like I never see the guy and he was going to work more? However, it really hasn't been too bad and there have been some good perks. Mike has loved being able to have this second job and it's been a great learning experience for him. Luckily it doesn't take him away too much and for the most part he gets to choose the days/times he works. But I must say the best part about this second job came Christmas time when Mike received his bonus, TWO third row VIP tickets to a Jazz game, let me clarify that the VIP part included dinner and treats for us all evening. Not sure if we were more excited for the free fancy food, or the third row seats. Now for us small people who have tried to live on a somewhat tight budget for the past 5.5 years, who would never dream of spending that kind of money on tickets for anything, this came as VERY EXCITING news to us. We have been counting down the days until the big game. Do we live sad lives or what? I reserved a baby sitter a month in advance, we were not going to miss out! Let me tell you it was quite nice to live as a VIP for a night. We had great parking, fantastic food and awesome seats.
Yes that was the view from our seats. Not bad eh?

We were lucky to go the first Jazz game with Coach Tyrone Corbin as the coach. For those of you out of state readers this was a VERY BIG DEAL. The previous coach, Jerry Sloan coached the Jazz for 20+ years. But I couldn't tell you whether Coach Corbin did a good job or not, let's be honest I grew up in a house full of girls, I don't know what makes a good coach, especially a good basketball coach. I am good however at cheering really loud and getting into the game. Lucky Mike. :)

The Jazz ended up losing the game and I couldn't have cared less. Mike and I had the best night. I don't think it will be anytime soon that we have a VIP night again, but for one night it sure was nice to live like one!

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Sounds like son much fun! You will have to tell me allabout it! Call me!

MaryAnne said...

I had one night where I got to go to the game in the Lexus club seats. It's an INCREDIBLE(and probably once in a lifetime) experience. I'm so glad you and Mike got to do that!

Bobbi said...

We got to do that once too, it was so stinkin' cool! What a treat for you guys, especially where he's gone so much.

Jen Vincent said...

Super fun! Chad got tickets from a parent at school not that long ago and he and Whitman got to go. The tickets were $120 each and there's no way we would ever pay that much money to go to a Bulls game so it was fun for him to get them. Isn't it fun to have a night out, too? :)

Jamie said...

I would be most excited about the free treats! That and out with no kids!!!

Kathy Lou said...

It doesn't even matter you go, having a special, fun night to yourselves is priceless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails