Friday, September 2, 2011

One more until the big 3-0!!

I can't even begin to thank all of you for your thoughtful, sweet comments yesterday. All of your comments seriously made my day and made me feel so special. I feel overwhelmed to have so many good, kind, considerate people in my life. Thank you for taking the time to write something and for thinking of me. It meant a lot to me. And a special thanks to my sister Katherine for making it happen, you truly are one of the most giving people I know.

So I'm the big 2-9. Truth be told, this was one of my best birthdays. I love the idea of being 29 and honestly being 30 sounds even better. I'm looking forward to being in a new decade. But before I do turn the big 3-0, I made a list of 29 things I would like to do to finish off my 20s. Let's make the most of this last decade right?

Here it goes:

1. Run St. George marathon (only a month away and I'm so ready for my training to be over with).

2. Make blog into a book(s).

3. Visit my friends in Chicago (this month baby! I can't wait!).

4. Move to Cincinnati.

5. Run the Ogden Half marathon.

6. Go on a girl's trip with my HS friends. (Possibly Santa Fe April 2012)

7. Run the Halloween or Snow Canyon half marathon, can't decide which one or both???

8. Finish reading the Book Of Mormon again.

9. Hang out with my family as much as we can before the big move.

10. Learn to love Cincinnati.

11. Read more often and watch less TV.

12. Write in my journal more consistently.

13. Finish cleaning out our backyard and put in more grass.

14. Take more time to play with Charlotte.

15. Eat healthier.

16. Write hand written cards and thank you notes to loved ones.

17. Call friends more often.

18. Paint my dining room table.

19. Learn to make homemade bread.

20. Print more pictures and put them in albums.

21. Start thinking about having another baby...thinking, not making any promises friends.

22. Take a trip ALONE with Mike somewhere.

23. Visit the temple more.

24. Make a quilt out of all my race shirts that I don't wear.

25. Clean out my house and throw things away!

26. Go on a girl's trip with my mom and sisters. (Hopefully October???)

27. Do my core workouts on a regular basis, not just 2 or 3 times a week.

28. Join a running club in Cincinnati.

29. Take more time to say SINCERE prayers, and listen for answers.

7 comments:

The Speres said...

Happy Birthday friend! 29 is a great age...I'll tell you how 30 turns out. I sure wish my new year goal list was half as impressive as yours! You are so inspiring. I truly value our growing friendship.

Sarah M said...

Yea for Laura! I love your list. Solid work.
I do have a recommendation. We just painted some built in bookshelves in our house. I was SO dreading doing it... sanding, cleaning, sanding, cleaning, priming, priming, painting, painting. No thanks. Then I found Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations and we bought it and it was magical. So easy! So quick! Looks so good! They don't have the biggest color selection but if you are looking to paint your dining room table you could do in it a flash with that stuff. Loved it. Our kitchen cabinets are next...
(sorry that i sound like an informercial...)

Lacey said...

i feel the same about turning 30, i am kind of excited. i love your idea of a list, but i will be 30 way to soon. i am so glad you had such a good birthday. :)

Katie M. said...

Hey Laura!!! Sorry I missed your birthday (well, missed sending you a text, etc)-we've been outta town till tonight and I just plopped myself down to knock out some seriously needed e-messages and e-comments.

Your sister Katherine is so thoughtful. Can I adopt her as a sister? Think she'd let me??

Well well. So much to say about L.W. One thing that I admire and love about you is your confident optimisim. I know my spelling is wretched. Anyway... it's like this silent, humble confidence that just radiates in everything you try/do/attempt, etc. And I think that is JUST the kind of attitude that makes people soar and succeed in everything. You have faith in yourself, faith in the Savior.. faith that good things happen and that good things can happen. I also love your desire to better and improve yourself- that spirit of progression that you have so wonderfully cultivated- the desire to improve yourself for the want of improving, not to outdo anyone else. Make sense? You're just awesome. 110% awesome and I've learned so much from you these last few years (stop it! I mean that!!).


Which... your list is fantastic. Moving to Cincinnati, not so much.
Halloween half-- YES. Making homemade bread- FOR SHIZZLES. Temple more- awesome! Needed girls' trips- uh huh! I hope it all transpires!!!:)

Bobbi said...

You'll always be a 4 year old little pixie to me!!!! Happy late birthday, love you :)

lauren ann said...

Awesome list and I have no doubt you'll get em all done. You are amazing like that. Glad you had a great birthday and I could just squeeze that little C.

thailiz said...

Love your list of 29 things - I should have done that! I guess I still have a few more months until I turn 30...and the Halloween Half is super fun, I'd go with that one. Good luck with St George you brave soul!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails