Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Welcome Fall

Fall has officially hit Utah and I couldn't be happier about it.
We've had gorgeous weather and the leaves this year have been bright and crisp.
Nothing better than spending Saturday afternoon with my two favorite people in the mountains.
Loved it so much we've done it two weeks in a row.

Saturday Number 1: Little Cottonwood Canyon









Saturday Number 2: Millcreek Canyon
My friend Mary convinced me to run 11 miles down Millcreek Canyon to her house Saturday morning, and I'm SO GLAD I DID.
I've never run down Millcreek and after our excellent run, I'm sold.
I love Millcreek.
(I can't believe I've been missing out on running down that canyon!)
I loved it so much, I dragged Mike and Charlotte back up the canyon Saturday afternoon to check out the colors and do some "hiking".
Picture taken on our morning run.
Pure heaven to be running with a great friend in a beautiful place.




This spider was huge. HUGE.
Can anyone please tell me how to get a toddler to look at the camera?
This was the best shot we got together and she's not even looking.

Oh how I'm going to miss my beautiful mountains when we move to Cincinnati.
There aren't many places where I'm as happy as I am when I'm in the mountains.

Welcome Fall. I'm so glad you are here.
Best time of the year hands down.
PS can you tell which time we had our fancy big camera and which time we took the pictures with our phones? :)

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, love the mountains, love the pictures! I am so sorry I haven't called you back, tomorrow for sure!

katherine said...

what in the h, that is a HUGE spider. sick. i hate spiders. but i have to say, you framed the photo so nicely.

how fun to head up to the mountains. it is/was such a beautiful fall.

lauren ann said...

ohh this makes my heart hurt a little bit. I miss Ut falls and mountains SO much!!

Sarah M said...

love it. millcreek is one of most favorite places on earth. for serious. as for the pictures, for the most part, no, can't tell a difference. can we thank the iphone for that? what a handy little gadget.

thailiz said...

What amazing pictures - so jealous of your gorgeous fall! Enjoy it while you have it!

The Speres said...

I guess the picture of your running morning in Millcreek was with the phone, but otherwise I can't tell. Luckily you don't have my craptastic phone, because it takes horrible pictures. All of your pics show just how gorgeous autumn is...it really isn't the same when you're not surrounded by mountains. But I'm sure Cincinnati will have lots of its own perks, too!

{littlefam} said...

love these photos - the leaves have been breathtaking this year for sure! that spider gave me the heebie-jeebies. charlotte is darling as always - unfortunately, we are still struggling with the "look at the camera" thing too! looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

Katie M. said...

Oh my gosh. Are you a photographer in a secret life?? Because those pictures are stunning. It really has been one of the most beautiful autumns. EVER. It's really el-crappo to see it come to an end.

Are you kidding with that spider??? Holy smokes. If that thing were found anywhere in my house, yard,etc... I might have to move.

Does it Matter? said...

Oh I am so with you on fall being the best time of the year. No doubt my favorite time too:) I can't believe that spider. HOly cow that is so scary!!!! I have never run down Millcreek but I want to. Let me know if you want to do it again!

Bobbi said...

Oh Laur', I LOVE these pictures!!!! Don't we live in an awesome place? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails