Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Santa Fe

A catch up post! 

From September 8, 2011-September 1, 2012 all of my High School friends turned 30. (Yes, I am now thirty, it happened a month ago and it's a whole other post of it's own! Someday!)  Since so many of us are spread across the country, we thought it would be fun to meet up somewhere and have a girl's trip. We had talked about it for a long time, and to be honest I wasn't sure it would ever actually happen, but it DID and it was a blast. 

We met up in Santa Fe, April 2012. Out of our 15 friends, nine of us were able to make it.  Pretty impressive if you ask me. We had such a good time together. There's nothing like being with my HS friends. They know me so well, and we've been through so much together. Even though we don't all see each other often it was easy to pick up right where we left off as if time hadn't passed. 

Most of our trip was surrounded by food of course. It's what us girls do best.
Our first night together. So fun to be reunited. We overstayed our welcome at the restaurant, were probably too loud, and annoyed everyone else eating there, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Once we all get together the talking and laughing is nonstop. 

Santa Fe was quite an adventure. Most of us had never been there before so there was lots to explore. Half of our friends went to a spa and got pampered and the rest of us headed out to the "mountains" for some hiking/running adventure.  

 Another day we hit up downtown Santa Fe. The shops in downtown range from tacky souvenir stores to high end clothing store. Such a strange mix but something for everyone I guess.

All my pretty friends. I love them. 

 My darling friend Liz, lives in Washington D.C. and is part of a house swap group. She generously offered her house to a stranger and we stayed at that strangers house in Santa Fe. It was quite an experience. The house was full of over the top, random art pieces. I've never seen anything like it. One late night we went a little crazy and decided to mimic some of the art pieces in the house. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. We may or may not have even had a contest to see who could recreate an art piece best. Yes, it was slightly immature and to our husbands not really funny but it was refreshing to be young and silly again without any responsibilities.
Other highlights of the trip included,

more good food,
staying up waayyyy too late talking and laughing,
my one and only time throwing up this pregnancy happened the last morning of the trip, my poor friends took such good care of me that morning, it was a rough one
shopping,
reminiscing over memories, and
talking about husbands and kids.

Even though our lives are so different, we are spread across the country, some working, some stay at home moms, we had no problem falling back into the rolls we played in HS. It was one of the best weekends to date and a trip that I will never forget. I love these girls so much and treasure my friendship with each of them. And of course I have to thank Mike and my mother in law for helping with Charlotte so I could escape for a few days. I'm the luckiest girl out!

Thanks friends for an amazing trip! How about when we turn 35? Where to next? I'm up for anything!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

i can't even tell you how sad i am i missed out. :( i am all for doing it when we turn 35! love the pics, they bing me right into the action.

Jamie said...

What a great trip! You should definitely plan your next one now!

Monica said...

Wow! What a great idea. Girls trips are the best. Glad you had fun.

Katie M. said...

You guys are all so cute! And no one has aged, what??? Everyone looks better than they did in high-school, if that's possible.

That's awesome you guys actually did it. We always talk about it, but nothing really happens, so GOOD FOR YOU!

Hope you are good, cute friend!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails