I don't know about you but there have been times when telling people I like to run, their first response is, "Oh that's so bad for your body." "Oh, you will have to have knee replacements someday." Blah, blah, blah. Have you ever had this happen to you? Usually these kind of responses come from non runners who just assume that running is so bad for you. Well actually running is anything but bad for you! Watch this clip below and you will see what I mean!
CLICK HEREAs you can see running is actually very good for your physical and emotional well being. So as far as telling me to stop running and that it's bad for me, THAT MUST GO!

12 comments:
Um, well, first off, since it's Sunday and I'm in the spiritual mode, let me chant AMEN to that, girl!! Totally chaffs my hide as well, when people go off about having future joint problems because of running. Whatev. That's when you retort with something equally ridiculous like, "Well, each of us will die of cancer eventually anyways because we all use cell phones and microwaves" Pause for emphasis.. "Right?!!"..
Sheesh. I hear ya on that one.
You go, girl! Run to live and live to run! (BTW, where did you find that amazing video?!?)
oh lar, they are just jealous, and trying to make themselves feel better for not running and exercising themselves. you rock and i totally want to go to dinner for b-days
ler, keep running, and keep running for the two of us - so i can enjoy in all your accomplishments too. love you sis, happy happy bday!!
I agree with Lacey...those
bah-hum-buggers are all jealous. Liesl was saying last night that she wants to come up and spend a day with you. You are her idol!!!
Oh yea, and BTW, where'd you get that picture of me running? I'm often told I look like Homer!!!
I'm the opposite - I say GO GIRL RUN! and give me some of that motivation along with it!!!
Thanks... that is some good validation
Just to echo everyone else- amen. Anyone who says that, obviously has never run before. My g-ma started running in her 40's reached the point where she was running 5-7 miles everyday and 10-15 every Saturday. That's when she was the healthiest and she would always tells us that. And then she would show us her buff calves- go g-ma C. PS- happy birsday on Sept 1st! Hope it was grand!
I definitely think if you run smart and take care of yourself and listen to your body...like if you overdo it, take a rest...then running is great for you body. It's the best! You rock!
Keep running. You are an inspiration to me and others!
Here's something that must go though...the Simpsons! Do people really still watch that stuff???
TOTALLY! I AM really a swimmer, but it is tough to get to a pool, thus I have taken up running and I LOVE it...I get the same blah blah blah from people who tell me...you should swim, it is sooo much better on your joints - well, whatever, maybe my knees might hurt but they might die of heart disease! SERIOUSLY
Post a Comment