3 months from TODAY baby Walker is due.
1 more week until the THIRD trimester.
Where has all the time gone?
We've gotten some things done but still have a long way to go until we are ready for the babus to arrive.
painted baby room...check
crib...check
darling bedding...check
dresser/changing table...check
bookcase...check
jogger stroller...check
hooter hider...check
rocking armchair...check
We haven't decided on any names but we would love to hear your suggestions. Also please share your thoughts on bouncers, swings, and carseats, I need all the help/advice I can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I want to see pictures of your cute bedding. I can't believe she's almost here!
Fun! I loved getting Jordan's room ready. It was so fun to come home and put things away. We loved loved loved the little bouncy chair...the one that sits on little metal things and kind of bounces. I can't explain it, but Jordan lived in that thing when he was first born. We had a swing that went front and back and side to side and that saved Chad in the mornings because he could put Jordan in there while he got ready to go.
I loved my hooter hider...I have to say I didn't really use any of the pillow-y breastfeeding helpers like the Boppy, the breastfriend, or anything else like that. But that was me.
Make sure you have tons of cloth diapers for spit up and things like that...we had a whole drawer full and needed that many.
And, we loved the Swaddle. Jordan was such a big baby that swaddling him with the blankets was tricky so it was so much easier for us to do the Swaddle contraption that comes with velcro. We couldn't have lived without it!
I probably could go on, but I'll stop there! :)
i agree with bobbi - show us photos (even though i have seen it all)! it is so darling, you have to show it off!
i loved having a bouncy chair as well! oh, and get a play mat for the floor (ikea, my second home, has a darling one - i will go with you to get it).
and well, i really love the name katherine, it is so versatile!
Yes, please post pictures. "Hooter hider", "bouncy chairs", "swaddles"? It's been too long since I had children and I am not familiar with these contraptions. Thanks to Mrs. Vincent for educating me on a Hooter hider.
hi friend.
I don't know if you've seen the swaddler blankets found at Babinski's, but they are dynamite-- you can buy a pack of 4 for about 40 bucks, but on the plus side, if you don't use all of them, save a few for other baby gifts. They are GREAT and light weight and here's my vanity, cute.
We did both the swinger and bouncer chair. I recommend the swinger for the first couple months, I personally found it to be more relaxing for baby instead of the bouncer that jogs up their insides into mush. The swinger is gold. We did a chicco I think? Compliments of Babies R us
What jogger stroller did you get? I don't even have one yet and am doing some homework on finding a good one. You'll have to give me your two cents there.
Have a breast pump? If you want a night away from baby, get one- but if you are planning on nursing and not working, seriously don't waste the money on an expensive one- I never saw a purpose for it.. my hand pump got my hands all buff:)
You'll be great! Look at how on top of it you are! I am deeply impressed.
Enjoy the last trimester and take some naps!
I don't have a baby, but I have "sat" on many of them --- haha, I knew that scared you (and everyone else that read it)! All joking aside, I love babysitting little babes and will love my own someday. No matter what trinkets or toys or wraps or pumps a baby has, I have found that 9/10 babies (1) love to be naked, (2) will disregard all toys if there is a wrapper or someone's hair to play with, and (3) hate those blue snot suckers like the dickens (that's probably 10/10 babies...).
Seriously? That means I have FIVE more months. I swear I should only have three left.
I don't know who your friend Heidi is..but she shares great wisdom!
I can't wait until this baby is born and your true OCD comes out. Oh, the phone calls we will have.
Please post pictures of baby room for oldest sister who is thousands of miles away.
Thank you.
Baby sling...check. (gift from Allison)
What is your due date again? I feel like it's going by way too fast! I need to get Boston a new bed so we can move the crib into the other room for the new baby. I'm not sure I'm ready to have my baby in a big boy bed :( My only advice on any of this stuff...just enjoy that little baby because they grow up WAAAAAAAYYYYY too fast!
I know, it's overwhelming. We needed several trips to Babies-R-us to figure out what to get before we even put a single thing on our registry.
Take any hand-me-downs people will lend/give you. You need a lot of stuff. You can always give it away later.
Hey! It is so fun getting ready, but very overwhelming. Nick & I spent weeks going back & forth about what was necessary/best, etc. One trip to Babies R Us was spent only on a stroller/carseat and took over 2 hours. I finally got this book called Baby Bargains (I think) that Oprah recommended - it basically rates every product out on the market and gives you some information to compare & help make decisions...it might help you out. I will write you an email with my two cents later on...I definitely have a lot to say after almost 6 months with this little guy! Hope everything else is going well!
After much thought, I've decided to comment here, too.
Never owned a bouncer so I can't say, except that I've never missed it.
Have use a swing a LOT, think they are worth it.
A nice feature on a car seat is it's ability to click into a stroller. Various ways to do that--some more expensive than others.
Not on your list yet but you might want to consider a treadmill. Seems like strange baby equipment, right? If not right now, maybe in the next 5 years. Not as fun as being able to go outside, but it makes exercise possible even when weather isn't baby friendly & Dr. W gets home late. (I don't have a treadmill, I have an exercise bike and LOVE it--I try to use it 3 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less). It's a great stress buster & you don't have to go to the gym.
After my last comment, I realized I never went to your house in Chicago! Do you already have a treadmill??
I love being able to exercise at home--it's saved me lots of $ and time, that's all.
Post a Comment