We had a lovely Christmas this year. Mike was on a fairly easy rotation and was able to spend most of the Christmas weekend with us. We loved experiencing Christmas with Charlotte. There is definietly something special about sharing Christmas with kids, no matter how young.
Christmas Eve was spent at the Mike's parents home. We had a delicious feast, short talent show and white elephant gift exchange between adults. I love my in laws so much. It was great to spend Christmas Eve together, although it didn't quite feel complete without Mike's sister Jamie and her family who were in Las Vegas for Christmas.
Here are some pics from the evening.
Not the most clear picture. But one of the few picture we got of Charlotte actually looking at the camera with me. She's such a busy body these days, getting her to sit still and smile isn't quite realistic.
Charlotte and her cousin Ellee. They are a year apart and already starting to be little buddies. They look like they are going to be trouble for sure.
Charlotte and her Grandma Carol.
How darling is this picture? I love it. Captures two of my favorite girls perfectly.
Mike and I got so hooked up this Christmas with White Elephants. Check out this treasure:
Maybe if you're lucky it will pop back up at one of next years' Christmas parties.
Thank you Aunt Peg for the beautiful leopard hat/scarf.
It's ok if you're jealous.
Christmas Day was wonderful as well. We took our time in the morning opening presents and enjoyed watching Charlotte try to tear the paper apart.
Christmas morning in our pajama glory.
Charlotte did get excited about a few of her toys.
She loves her ball that lights up.
Look at that sweet smile and her long lashes.
After Charlotte's nap we headed over to my parents house to have brunch and open presents. The food was fabulous, I love Christmas quiche, probably too much.
The presents were thoughtful and generous.
And the company was so fun.
And even though the Lythgoes (my oldest sister Mandy and her family who live in CT) haven't come out to Utah for Christmas in years, we STILL missed them and enjoyed being able to SKYPE with them.
My two babies. Aren't they darling? Lookin good in their red.
Charlotte and her uncle Lance. She loves him.
Charlotte is really beginning to love being with her cousins (on both sides of the family).
Three little trouble makers.
Trying to get a picture of the grandkids. This was one of the best shots we got.
We headed home for Charlotte's second nap and Mike and I enjoyed a little Mario Kart and naps ourselves. We headed over to visit Mike's parents after Charlotte's nap and loved having Steve and Carol to ourselves for a bit. The night ended with my parents and Emily coming over for games. We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas.
Can you believe Christmas has already come and gone?
Are you suffering from the January blues?
Have you picked your word this year? I have, can't wait to share it! Another post, another day.
What was your best memory from Christmas this year?
Please share!
5 comments:
You took so many pictures and I have realized I took ZERO this year. We did several flip videos, but I never once got out my camera...so sad.
January blues are in full force at my house.
Love those cousin pictures..and how did I not hear about Mike's amazing fur scoodie? (scarf/hoodie). It's almost too good to give away!
so fun! Christmas is the best. it sounds like you were really busy, but had a great time with family! Charlotte is darling!
Love all the pics... Where did you little baby go? I can't believe how big C is getting?!? She is adorable. Miss you guys!
Good job with the camera action, Laura! We (again) did awful with picture taking even though we had an excellent Christmas as well. Maybe I'll get better with a baby? Anyhow, your pictures are so cute and I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas/1st birthday for Charlotte! You are all looking wonderful!
I am jealous. How much would you take for the leopard thing?? Too bad you didn't have that BEFORE your Jersey party, which, you guys had all spot on it's scary.. And, wonderful pictures you captured of your cute kid and cute you and cute hubs and we should get together soon and do some runs or something.
CIAO!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment