2009: NEW
2010: APPRECIATE
I'm so proud of myself; it's mid January and I've already chosen my word, I chose it in December, and I've starting working on it! This is a miracle for me my friends.
SO without further ado my word for 2011 is.....
D I S C I P L I N E
This couldn't be a more perfect word for me this year. Now that my life is slightly less structured than it ever has been I need to be much more DISCIPLINED to get things done and accomplished in my life. You know how when you are super busy although it can be stressful you seem to get everything done? When I'm really busy I'm good at prioritizing, organizing and using my time efficiently. But most days I'm not super busy and even though my day isn't as full I still struggle to get things done. So it's time to be more DISCIPLINED!
So for 2011 I hope to be more disciplined by:
*Limiting my time on the INTERNET. Such a time sucker for me.
*Not eating EVERYTHING I see. I'm not cutting out sweets or anything crazy like that but I definitely need to eat healthier and be more disciplined with eating my fruits and veggies.
*I need to be more disciplined with my work-out schedule so I can meet the goals I hope to accomplish in 2011.
*Stick to my budget and be more disciplined in my money management. I'm taking a grocery guru class come February to help me with this!
You get the idea.
Some other things I need to be more disciplined on but they are more private and personal.
I'm totally stoked about my word. Every time I think about what I should get done, feel lazy or want to eat another sweet treat, the word DISCIPLINE pops into my head. It's kicking my butt, but that's a good thing.
I am setting a few goals for 2011. Nothing big or too unrealistic. I like keeping it real, stretching myself but keeping it attainable. I'm really excited about 2011. I just know it's going to be a great year. Mike's career path will be more finalized, where we will be living in the future will be more finalized, we've got two amazing family trips this summer, and Charlotte is more and more fun everyday. Cheers to 2011!
What's your word?
Do you make resolutions?
Happy to have 2010 over with?
Feeling good about 2011?
What are you looking forward to?
Please share!
8 comments:
awesome lar, i think you are pretty disciplined, but i think it is so great to have goals and be focused!
OK, so, here's the thing.... I think you are already one of the most disciplined people I know, really! I'd love to be as disciplined as you think you "aren't". Make sense? Yeah, I didn't think so :)
Awesome word choice! I love it. You are so wise, so sage, so smart.. and I hope you'll fill me in through the year on how it's going!! My word for this year is opportunity. I think we all are hoping for a great 2011~ and no reason to believe it can't be.
I agree with the above comments: you are already super disciplined in everything. Maybe you can just give advice this year on how we all can be more like that.Eh?
Discipline is a hard word to give yourself, I think, so GO YOU!
Ummm...when and where is this grocery guru class and does it accept more students? :)
Great word! And soon it will have a whole new meaning...I am learning discipline with a very stubborn 20 month old. It's joyful :) I am going to keep you in mind...I love your word of the year idea. Just a nice little way to keep some focus. Would love to chat soon! Hope all is well :)
BALANCE for me. And discipline.
great word sister. i will be anxious to hear how it all goes. i am thinking i need to have this as my word too this year. i seriously could use more self control with stuff!! argh. oh well, here's to a new year and improvement! love you.
Great word!!! I forgot I picked a word last year...at least I think I did...I'll have to go back and see if it's on my blog. Now that I'm 30 (and loving it) I think this year is about me, not in a selfish way, just in a way that I'm focusing on who I am and taking care of myself. Me in a celebration of a me and who I am and who I want to be. :)
Post a Comment