Monday, January 10, 2011

A "C" party

A special someone was born on...
Which meant we had to celebrate her turning...

So what did we do?
We invited all of her cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents over for a "C" party. We ate Chili with cheese and sour Cream, chips, carrots, cucumbers, celery and some Cake for dessert. Charlotte loved all the attention. She was completely spoiled by everyone. This girl is one lucky girl to be living close to so many who love her.

Guests had to take a quiz on Charlotte's first year of life to see how well they knew her. Charlotte's aunt Katherine came in on top with 8 out of 10 correct, the grandparents came in a close second with 7 out of 10. Want to know one of the questions that really stumped people? What is Charlotte's middle name? (I was shocked people couldn't remember!) Winners were award Candy of course.

With her birthday just 4 days after Christmas (I will always feel bad that her birthday is so close to Christmas! Sorry C) she had had plenty of practice ripping the paper apart on Christmas presents a few days earlier she was pretty good at opening gifts the night of her birthday.

Look at the focus and concentration on her face in the picture above.
She is a girl who knows what she wants.
Loving the attention, loving the paper, loving the books that were wrapped up.

We had a C shaped cake for the babus. One chocolate, one yellow. Being the good eater Charlotte is we knew she would dive into her C piece of cake. And she did.

Thank you to all the family who came to celebrate our Charlotte with us!
And THANK YOU for helping us celebrate by leaving your sweet comments in the post below. She is one loved baby.
I said it once, and I'll say it again and again, I can't believe she is ONE already.

What's your most memorable birthday party?
Have you ever used freezer paper as a stencil? * It's what I used to paint on the 1 and Charlotte's birthday on her onesie.
Love throwing a party or dread it?
Do you know Charlotte's middle name?
Please share!


9 comments:

Amanda said...

Love her shirt with her birthday...cute idea!

How high did I score on the quiz? I did get her middle name correct!

Looks like such fun...she looks bigger than she did when I saw her last month.

Cannot believe she is 1.

Rowan's next. Sniff, sniff.

Beth said...

Never used freezer paper. It is really cute!
I think her middle name is Elisabeth? or Elizabeth?
And . . . what is your new word for the year?

The Speres said...

What a cute idea for a party...use of the child's initial. You and your creative ideas, Laura!
Hope your New Year is off to a great start!

Bobbi said...

Bet you made that adorable shirt....I'm so proud!!!

Give her a slobbery big kiss on those yummy cheeks for me! OOOOH I could just eat her up :)

In answer to your book question: I just finished "The Distant Hours" by Kate Morton. LOVED IT. She weaves such a beautiful story. How about you? What are you reading these days?

Kathy Lou said...

Charlotte is so grown up, I can tell that she is going to be a great person, she is beams joy. I love the letter idea- may have to steal- or borrow it. :-)
Maddy wants a pretend slumber party this year- her idea, not mine!

Lacey said...

umm, hello Elizabeth! i am not sure i would have gotten the rest of the questions but i sure know what her middle name is because i LOVE it! anyway i love you idea for a C party, so cute! and you and your babe both look adorable! Happy Birthday Charlotte!

Unknown said...

Correct my friends, her middle name is Elizabeth!

Mandy: I think you got 8 on the quiz too. Should I send you some candy?

Beth: I'm working on my word post. It will be up soon!

Heidi and Kathy: I'm not that clever I didn't come up with the initial idea myself. Thank you Martha Stewart. Kathy you'll have to blog about her pretend sleep over. That sounds fun?!

Bobbi: I'm not reading anything. Just Runners World magazine. Lame. I'm itching for a good book to read.

kristyle said...

For the record, I got 9 out of 10 on the quiz. I even won some candy! And I knew Charlotte's middle name without any hesitation. BTW, does anyone know my middle name?

The Nortons said...

Happy birthday cute girl! She is darling as ever and what a cute idea for a party! Love it'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails