After a month of opposites schedules, Mike working at night then sleeping during the day, we decided it was finally time for a date.
We paid for our first babysitter. Not a family member, a cute, young neighbor girl! I'm so proud of us for being able to leave her with someone we felt safe and comfortable with. We felt like such grown ups. Ok so maybe Charlotte was already in bed and asleep when I babysitter came. But at least it's a step towards being ready to really leave her with someone besides family.
We out went out for dessert.
Mike wasn't in scrubs or a shirt and tie. I was out of pajamas, showered and had my hair curled.
Charlotte was home asleep safe and sound.
And I had Mike to myself. Well he did have his pager, but at least it didn't go off!
We talked without interruptions, or the TV/computer blaring in the background.
Although it wasn't a date jammed packed with expensive, out of the ordinary activities, it was one of the best dates we've had in a long time.
Ahhhhh, dessert seriously never tasted so sweet.
We need to do this more often.
What do you do to make sure you and your hubby/boyf get QT together?
Do you have a set date night?
Do you have a favorite activity to do together?
Please share.

7 comments:
Two thumbs up!! Seriously one of the hardest things in the world....leaving baby. I still hate to leave the kids, not for dates so much, but when Steve and I have left for a little vacation (just the two of us)....hate it!!!
Fun! Dates are good! I was just thinking that Chad and I need a date night. Remember when we tried to do the 12 dates of Christmas and do in-house dates before Christmas a couple of years ago? Well, Saturday night Jordan was at my parents and we just had Danny. We were going to clean and then stopped and decided we wanted to watch a movie and we were just going to put other things aside and watch the movie together. We were both asleep before we even got half an hour into the movie and it was about 8:00. That's what 2 kids does to date night...
yay you guys needed that! i am so glad you were able to get away just the two of you! that dessert looked delicious, and like you said i am sure it tasted even better eating it with the one you love! :)
NICE!!! I am way proud of you too, for leaving Charlotte with a non-familial babysitter. We have yet to do that here in SLC. So, cheers to you!!!
And where did you get that luscious looking piece of heavenly cake? Would that count as carbo loading?:) Please?
yah! we went on our first without baby for the first time last weekend. after 3 failed attemps of trying to bring him with us, we ditched him and it was heaven. we're going to set a day every week from now on...
Hooray for date nights! So glad you and Mike got one!
I love my one-on-one nights with Bryce. And the simplest dates are the best ones...simple dessert night or a dollar movie with a little splurge on buttery theater popcorn or sipping slurpees while walking around the park or driving up the canyon. Good times. Thanks for reminding me that it is ok to leave the babus with a babysitter...I'll need to remember that!
oh man date nights are sooo nice! i think we treasure them so much because they can become few and far between. glad that your date night was especially "sweet"!
Post a Comment