Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to work..blah


Remember when your mom or dad would take a picture of you the first day of school? Well we still do that in our household. My first day back to teaching was Monday. Mike started a new residency rotation Tuesday. It's been a busy week of adjusting and adapting. I've already gotten sick from one of my students and Mike has been on call, which means working all night at the hospital, twice this week. Blah...
Summer was great, I'm sad it's over, it went by so fast. But at some point summer must come to an end and it's back to real life. Wish us luck!

14 comments:

Bobbi said...

You made me laugh - yet again - with this cute little post! You like like such cute little first day of schoolers, all smiles and pretty clothes!!!

The Close's Place said...

If I were your student, I'd totally have a crush on you. You're so dang cute!! Those kids are lucky to have you.

Love the 1st days of school, so exciting!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

laura!!! can't believe you have been back in SL the whole summer! where are you teaching?? look forward to hearing from you!

Sara said...

I love that you guys take those pics! So cute and what great memories to have! I remember laying out all my clothes tryign to decide what outfit to wear on the first day...so fun. Oh and I love your darling outfit!

RussellPage said...

you look incredibly skinny! i want to see you soon! good luck with teaching.

Nick Scott Family said...

Back to teaching already? I'm sad that summer is over. We're taking our last trip this weekend to Flaming Gorge and then our summer looks like it'll be over. We'll still have to get together and hang out soon.

Jen Vincent said...

My first day back is tomorrow! Chad had a half day today. Sunday night we were at the Backstreet Boys at Ravinia...I think we were in denial that we had to go back to school on Monday. It's crazy how fast the summer goes. It's never enough. I saw your Bannockburn picture over your shoulder in your picture...at least I think that is what it is...it's super teeny. I think now I have to take our pictures tomorrow on our official first days. Love it!

Jen Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My first full day was today--no picture, however. You look great! Let's hope for a good and fast year!

Eric and Megan said...

Those pictures are so awesome! You look so cute in your teacher-esk outfit! I hope you have the best school year ever with no sicky sick kids that spread germs to you!

Teresa said...

You look so great! And I completely agree with you about summer, where did the time go?! Last time I checked it was June and now here we are at September. Crazy.

Monica said...

laura, you are such a cute teacher! i love the picture of you in your classroom. Sounds like you and mike have a busy year ahead. GOOD luck!

Courtney said...

I love that you take a pic of yourselves! How fun to document you...I hate residency...BLAH! Hang in there...it WILL be worth it!

Allison said...

I love you! You look like the cutest teacher I have ever seen. I would be so excited if Liv could be in your class.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails