Photo taken by Katherine Wallin, of my cousin Annie and me, Salt Lake Half Marathon 2008
Did you know today is NATIONAL RUNNING DAY? A day dedicated to running!
What could be better?
There is nothing like getting outside on a beautiful day, getting your heart pumping, sweating on your forehead and being able to clear your head on an early morning run. Charlotte and I just got back from our run and it was perfect outside.
So in honor of this day...
get out there and go running!
Never been a runner? Today is the perfect day to start!
Go. Now. You won't be sorry.
For comments on this post I want you to tell me what you love/hate about running. It seems you either love it or hate it so I want to hear why. Please share!

7 comments:
I am not a runner, wish I was. I dropped out of bootcamp because there was too much running. Maybe today I will just try to run a little bit. Thanks for the inspiration.
Bad news friend. I can't run, at the moment at least. The PT has encouraged me to lay off it until my piriformis stops hurting me. It's ironical to me that I am actually missing running! Did the Wasatch Back last year sick as a dog, but hindsight right?!
You are an inspiration though - look forward to hearing about the next great running accomplishment in your future!
i like running because it keeps me healthy and it is a time to challenge myself and accomplish something. i don't like running because it makes me feel weak. but i am always happy when i do it! i was running about the same time you were. i would love to get together with you soon!
I love it!!!!! I so miss running. I had a dream about it the other night. I did run a little bit because Jordan and Chad were down the street and we were about to go on a walk but I realized I had to pee so I ran down the culdesac to our house. It actually wasn't so bad. I never made it past my 1st trimester when I was pregnant with Jordan and I haven't even tried this time around. I may even try it again...slowly and not for very far...but maybe...
Why do I love running? I just love the free feeling of running but knowing at the same time that I'm getting an awesome workout.
I hate elevation change and thinking that I'm doing well running an then try and run in another place, such as Utah, Redmond, and suck wind and have to walk here and there throughout the run. I hate walking I feel like a failure but it has to be done so I can breath. I learning to let this be okay because then I can finish and go further, but I still don't like it.
I love running because it makes me sweat and feel like I've really accomplished something.
my relationship with running is love-hate. i hate to love running. i am not a runner, no matter how hard i've trained for races, i still never feel like my body was "made" for it. and during races i am constantly asking myslef, "why am i doing this?" but there is something about the adrenaline and sense of accomplishment that i love. i have been lucky to run some races with you - you are an inspiration! love ya!
Did you know tomorrow is NATIONAL DONUT DAY??
The gal at Dunkin Donuts told me that today. Now, that's my kind of holiday.
Maybe if I spent less time at Dunkin Donuts I'd like running more? ( I was actually at the DD inside Home Depot)
Post a Comment