Monday, June 1, 2009

A different race

Has it really been almost a month since I have posted?  The weather has been so perfect I haven't wanted to be inside and blogging. I would rather be running, reading outside, gardening, spending time with Mike. However today I couldn't take looking at Mexico pictures anymore, it's time for an update. 
Almost a month ago my girl Lacey and I ran participated in Race for the Cure 5k. I loved this race, it's a must do every year. I'll tell you why. For one, it's not competitive at all. People were not there to win the race, people participating were there to support an important cause. There wasn't even a clock at the finish line, which goes to show the real purpose behind the race. It was so cool to be there with so many people to show your support of the research for Breast Cancer. I was amazed at how many shirts I saw that said "survivor" or "running for my mom, aunt, sister, grandma". People were carrying banners/posters for family members who had passed on. Let's just say it was an emotional event and I would highly recommend you putting on your list of things to do. Whether you are a walker, runner, jogger, you really should do it.
Lacey and I before the race. I love this girl. Thanks for getting me to do it Lace!
So much pink in one spot. I love it.
This picture doesn't do justice of how many people were participating in the race. Thousands of people were there. Seriously. Click on the picture to enlarge it, you might be able to get a better look of how many people were there. 

Can't wait to do it again next year...

8 comments:

Sarah M said...

yea! so glad you can take advantage of summer days. you and lacey are awesome for doing that 5k. i love stuff like that.

katherine said...

i thought i had the swine flu, but then i just realized i was sick of looking at your mexico post. thanks for updating, i feel so much better.

Bobbi said...

Katherine cracks me up! That's my kind of race! Looks like fun.

Lacey said...

that really was so fun! we will have to do it again and recruit some more people. Thanks for doing it with me, you are the best!

lauren ann said...

How fun... I love the low-key races. Umm I still need to hear ALL about the marathon first hand! Congrats by the way. We are busy this week, but let's go for a catch up run next week??

Jen Vincent said...

Fun! My sister and her boyfriend are starting to run and I suggested they do a race so they have a goal to work towards...and he commented that he would never pay money to do something he can do for free! I was appalled. I seriously didn't know what to say. I think races are great, just motivational. This one sounds exactly like my kind of race, I like to have a clock but at the same time I know I'm not gonna win, it's just cool to be out with others who are running, too. I'm going to look for this 5k. :)

{littlefam} said...

if it weren't for my dumb knee surgery, i would have loved to have done this - can i join you guys next year? thank you so much for doing this race. i lost my grandma in april to breast cancer, so finding a cure is important to me!

Kathy Lou said...

Everyone chant with me:
More posts!
More posts!
More posts!
:-)
Good job with the race, it feels good to do something that can make a difference.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails